• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers trading up to number 3 with Miami!

joemac

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The core we have is still melting down in Chernobyl.

But seriously, the overall roster isn't THAT bad, but it's not competing without a QB. Put Teddy back out there and we're right back in this same situation again next year. Likely sitting with a pick in the bottom portion of the top 10 drooling over the QBs we can't draft.

• Pie 1

Panthers are 100% trading down IMO.

Think about it.  Panthers could have easily beat this deal.  We have the #8 overall pick.  The fact that we didn't tells me:

A) We are 100% comfortable waiting out the Deshaun Watson situation.  And if we can somehow accumulate future picks if this lasts past the draft?  Then so be it.  But we clearly expect Watson to be available at some point.

B) We didn't think, given the state of our team, it was worth trading up a lot for one of the rookies.  And that is okay.  Difference between trading for Watson and trading for the potential of Wilson/Lance/Fields.

I get the frustration.  But I think we need to relax.  The coaches did a phenomenal job last year and at the end of the day, coaching always prevails.  We will find our QB, it might not be this year but it will happen.  You can take me to the bank on that too.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

If we DO draft a QB at #8, then we're probably talking Lance vs. Jones.  And if that is the case, I want Jones.  He gets a lot of undue crap.  Yes his ceiling is questionable, undoubtedly his biggest flaw, but his mental/field processing + accuracy is tops in this draft, even ahead of Lawrence.

But I see us trading down or selecting a LT/DB.  MAYBE a wide receiver... I think people are sleeping on that possibility.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1