Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If we are going after Watson than why waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB that will be nothing more than a back-up.  If PJ isn't the answer than maybe Minshew or stick with Teddy.  

The last thing we need to do is compound the problem by picking a QB that may or may not be better than the players we already have on the roster.  

I'd rather us the 2nd round pick on a player like Creed Humpries or a solid CB. 

Going after Watson this season after the draft? Or waiting until next year.. or...

Because there is no way the team should sit and wait a year for possibly, maybe, hopefully we can get a QB we like next year. At least I am not in that camp.

I like Minshew as a swing and miss, have written it twice on this board before. 

Try fill the position every year. That's my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 2:59 PM, mav1234 said:

The answer is not on the roster.  But it also may not be on opening day this year. 

The answer is about to take the Pats to the playoffs lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

The answer is about to take the Pats to the playoffs lol

Maybe, maybe not... that contract suggests the Patriots themselves aren't so sure. He certainly will have a better offense around him now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

The answer is about to take the Pats to the playoffs lol

I love Cam but i seriously doubt that. Im willing to bet they go 8-8 and miss out not totally the fault of Cam though as i think he has a little bit left in the tank. He would have looked much better right here instead of Teddy while we search for the next QB

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

I love Cam but i seriously doubt that. Im willing to bet they go 8-8 and miss out not totally the fault of Cam though as i think he has a little bit left in the tank. He would have looked much better right here instead of Teddy while we search for the next QB

You do know that they won 7 games last year with a tougher schedule as they were coming off a division win, Cam got Covid after two games, they were a few red zone drives away from winning 10 games, and a far less talented roster. I think 9 games is their floor. They probably would have squeaked in this year if their season didn’t get thrown off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

It was a nice story. It was worth a shot at almost no cost. But everyone saw last year he is simply not up for it. Time to move on or just live with him as a poor backup.

And as Grier could not push Walker for reps, he is at most a clipboard holder at this point. His upside is lasting his rookie contract without seeing the field.

Let's put our focus on Sam, he is our only chance this year.

Edited by Thorrez
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thorrez said:

It was a nice story. It was worth a shot at almost no cost. But everyone saw last year he is simply not up for it. Time to move on or just live with him as a poor backup.

And as Grier could not push Walker for reps, he is at most a clipboard holder at this point. His upside is lasting his rookie contract without seeing the field.

Let's put our focus on Sam, he is our only chance this year.

See this statement is so hypocrite.

What have we seen from Darnold the last 3years....I'll wait....

When did we see he's not up for it...the only game he has every started and won.

Or wait XFL...let's not go there...

Or you talking bout down by 21, late second half team called it quits, week 17, he came in and played his heart out not realizing everyone else was ready for the off-season...I was at that game I saw WRs give up on routes, yeah he was forcing throws at the end but what's the difference between him and Sam at this point, base off stats n experience...hell if you include his XFL season he's actually better than Sam on paper. So what is it really about him....I'm just saying....Tru colors r showing...he's still a Panther. Why not open the competition, sounds like to me it's a win/win...but some people would hate for another Sam(SorryA$$Mfer)to lose out even if PJ proves to be the guy. 

You ever thought maybe there's guys pulling for him more so then Sam in the locker room...he's the tru underdog in the QB room.

Regardless what's said in the media, behind closed doors I heard(rumor alert) a few who are not happy with how Cam or Teddy was treated but Sam getting this whole retribution deal isn't sitting too well...but we'll see...

Once again these are just talks amongst guys...like real talk...but I'll never reveal my sources...y'all sleep on PJ if you want but why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt...new team, basically an undrafted guy who made his way to #2 on the depth chart in front of a guy drafted 3rd round...

Now if Sam a former first round pick is scared of a little competition especially an undrafted player well... that's...

Robbie knows best

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, AceBoogie said:

The answer is about to take the Pats to the playoffs lol

Serious Q, does Newton love you as much as you love him or is it unrequited?

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Trade Teddy check...

If Sam is the guy make him prove it to the team first...I say open competition at QB

I'm absolutely down for a open QB competition - with Darnold taking first team snaps until proven otherwise.

If you think Walker is going to push him though I think you're in for a rude awakening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'm absolutely down for a open QB competition - with Darnold taking first team snaps until proven otherwise.

If you think Walker is going to push him though I think you're in for a rude awakening.

Darnold aka S.A.M([email protected])does need more reps, to help him get accustom to the plays, that I do agree with. But lets not forget it's a TEAM sport right.The coaches should also inform everyone it's still the best man wins mentality, nothing in life is free...

Both PJ and hell even Will need to feel/know they have a chance also, steel sharpens steel

I'm more excited to see Tommy really, almost forgot about him

Edited by CPsinceDay1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

See this statement is so hypocrite.

What have we seen from Darnold the last 3years....I'll wait....

When did we see he's not up for it...the only game he has every started and won.

Or wait XFL...let's not go there...

Or you talking bout down by 21, late second half team called it quits, week 17, he came in and played his heart out not realizing everyone else was ready for the off-season...I was at that game I saw WRs give up on routes, yeah he was forcing throws at the end but what's the difference between him and Sam at this point, base off stats n experience...hell if you include his XFL season he's actually better than Sam on paper. So what is it really about him....I'm just saying....Tru colors r showing...he's still a Panther. Why not open the competition, sounds like to me it's a win/win...but some people would hate for another Sam(SorryA$$Mfer)to lose out even if PJ proves to be the guy. 

You ever thought maybe there's guys pulling for him more so then Sam in the locker room...he's the tru underdog in the QB room.

Regardless what's said in the media, behind closed doors I heard(rumor alert) a few who are not happy with how Cam or Teddy was treated but Sam getting this whole retribution deal isn't sitting too well...but we'll see...

Once again these are just talks amongst guys...like real talk...but I'll never reveal my sources...y'all sleep on PJ if you want but why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt...new team, basically an undrafted guy who made his way to #2 on the depth chart in front of a guy drafted 3rd round...

Now if Sam a former first round pick is scared of a little competition especially an undrafted player well... that's...

Robbie knows best

 

 

Lol PJ walker isn’t going to push Sam Darnold for starting QB. He shouldn’t even be on the team!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...