• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don"t Expect Carolina to Trade Up for a QB.

chknwing

30 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I agree, BUT this was the best offseason to get your potential man. 
Carolina may be bad again next year, who knows, and be in play for one of the 2 QBs that could be a starter. 
Many fans saw this year as one of the best years to get a QB, but now the Panthers are on the outside looking in and no plan for the future, from a fans perspective at least. 
Panthers may drag Teddy to the playoffs next year. But there is going to be this undercurrent of “What if”.  Because let’s face it. Unless our defense really becomes 2019 49ers or 2001 Ravens. The team will make the playoffs, face a better team that will stop the short passes of TB and we will enter a loop similar to the Chiefs before they got Mahomes. 
Alex Smith always had great season numbers and then struggled in the playoffs, he only made it to the NFC Championship once. 
We could of potentially gotten our franchise QB but now we are going to have to endure Bridgewater another season and potentially more. 
Panthers said they were gonna be aggressive, but an aggressive team would have done what the 49ers did. 

They wasn’t wanting to do that, they was wanting Watson and then the storm hit.

20 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

^^^Cautionary Tale:  Drafting first round QBs doesn't ensure Super Bowl victories.  3 winning seasons out of 9.

We had an MVP QB and a DPOY in their primes on the same roster for multiple years and came away with nothing to show for it. My god, how could the WFT be so stupid as to hire that guy after seeing that?

• Beer 4

Don't hold your breath about the Panthers lucking into another Russell Wilson in the third round. It is highly unlikely another prospect like that falls that much in a league that is so quarterback driven now. Some desperate team will overdraft.

Yeah I think we stay at 8. If something crazy happens like the Niners pick Mac or the Falcons don’t draft a QB and the guy we want is there at 5, we might trade with the Bengals. From 8 to 5 should only cost next year’s first. Otherwise we draft our LT or trade back.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We had an MVP QB and a DPOY in their primes on the same roster for multiple years and came away with nothing to show for it. My god, how could the WFT be so stupid as to hire that guy after seeing that?

So did Houston. Lemme go count their trophies, be right back.

44 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I agree, BUT this was the best offseason to get your potential man. 
Carolina may be bad again next year, who knows, and be in play for one of the 2 QBs that could be a starter. 
Many fans saw this year as one of the best years to get a QB, but now the Panthers are on the outside looking in and no plan for the future, from a fans perspective at least. 
Panthers may drag Teddy to the playoffs next year. But there is going to be this undercurrent of “What if”.  Because let’s face it. Unless our defense really becomes 2019 49ers or 2001 Ravens. The team will make the playoffs, face a better team that will stop the short passes of TB and we will enter a loop similar to the Chiefs before they got Mahomes. 
Alex Smith always had great season numbers and then struggled in the playoffs, he only made it to the NFC Championship once. 
We could of potentially gotten our franchise QB but now we are going to have to endure Bridgewater another season and potentially more. 
Panthers said they were gonna be aggressive, but an aggressive team would have done what the 49ers did. 

Didn’t your parents teach you that you will never be at the last best deal? This isn’t the end of ever finding a decent QB. The offseason isn’t near over, and some of us appreciate that the brass isn’t overpaying for a chance at something that could just as easily be as bad or worse than our current QB.

I like this take- I’d rather us use that top 10 pick on whatever stud is available and build the team smart. 

• Pie 3