• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Niners likely taking mac jones

Panthers8969

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

That Indiana game was pretty rough.

It wasn't his best game, yet they still put up 42 points and won.  Threw for 300 yards and two TD's, ran for another.  I mean, ok, I'd take that as a worst game over . . . pretty much anything a Panthers QB has done since 2018.

8 minutes ago, BrianS said:

It wasn't his best game, yet they still put up 42 points and won.  Threw for 300 yards and two TD's, ran for another.  I mean, ok, I'd take that as a worst game over . . . pretty much anything a Panthers QB has done since 2018.

Also threw 3 picks, got sacked 5 times.

Not saying that he is that one game (and as @Mr. Scotpointed out, Northwestern was a test as well), but to imply that he didn't under perform at all just because they made it to the NCG isn't exactly being completely honest. Was it throughout the season? No, but even in his "good" games there's been a noticeable amount of streakiness and inconsistency. It's a fair criticism.

Edited by Icege

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not my belief. Albert Breer reported it.

The Jets and 49ers staffs are well acquainted, including the GMs. The Niners know they have no shot at Wilson.

That is the most likely scenario and what I believe will happen, but no one otherside of the jets and 9ers organization really knows what will happen including Albert breer

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

He will not be.  The Bengals are a lock to take him.  They've got a QB there, and just spent part of a season with him on IR because they didn't protect him.

Burrow is currently lobbying for them to draft chase plus they already got a high round pick tackle on the roster from last year and signed rieff. I think they go chase as of right now. 

28 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, he didn’t have Olave for either? 

He did not and he sprained his thumb on his throwing hand during the NW game. He was not only missing Olave, but also the WR coach. So no number 1 target, part of the offensive staff, and and injury on his throwing hand. How did he fair up against them the previous year? 4 TDs 0 INTs and a 52-3 win. I’m telling COVID messed up their season, but it may work out great for us if we can land him.

• Pie 1

So they are keeping Jimmy G so they can ripen Mac a year? None of that makes sense. Even if that's to raise G's trade value it still doesn't make sense. None of this makes any sense. What is the 'competition'? How much they can waste and still not have a good QB on the roster? No way they pick Mac at 3, it has to be a smokescreen. It's all just too ridiculous.

• Pie 1