• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Board at #8?

Icege

6 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Wrong. I think he'll struggle with NFL-level WRs because his best attribute is being grabby/disrupting WRs at the LOS. His make-up speed is not special, which is concerning for a guy you are going to have to deploy a lot in press man coverage. 

I literally said I don’t know if he is a good DB and that opponents didn’t act like he was that good.   Some frankly gameplans  IMO appeared to target him. 

but yeah, he is a good athlete.   We just witnessed that fact 

13 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Big deal, he ran a 4.39 in underwear. Watch some football. His game speed is slow and he struggles changing direction.

lol I've seen plenty of Jaycee horn thanks

He mirrors as well as anyone in the class, and tested better 

Jaycee horns issues aren't athletic, that's an absurd comment

• Pie 3

47 minutes ago, DeSim said:

Sewell

Fields

Lance

Pitts/Chase

Trade down  

I flip flop between Sewell or Fields as the top of the board at 8. It’s either top QB left, or top LT left and if neither are worth the spot then add another offensive playmaker. 

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Because he's not a good QB and is at least a year away. Wasting the cheap years of a rookie QB with a shitty veteran in front of him is stupid, particularly for a team like Carolina that is going to need more than a game manager to be successful next year. 

I don’t think that matters , I hate to say it we will be stuck with Teddy for at least 6 games and then our season will be over anyway. I wish we would trade for Minshew and let Teddy go. Then draft someone to go behind Minshew. Hell I would have been happy with Fitzpatrick 

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t think that matters , I hate to say it we will be stuck with Teddy for at least 6 games and then our season will be over anyway. I wish we would trade for Minshew and let Teddy go. Then draft someone to go behind Minshew. Hell I would have been happy with Fitzpatrick 

Fans are better off accepting at this point that Teddy Bridgewater will be the Panthers QB in 2020. There is not another clear upgrade that is readily available to Carolina with Watson untradeable for the time being. Once you move past the point that Carolina has a deficiency at the QB position, you have to look at what's best for the team. Do you take the 5th best QB in the draft at #8, or the 3rd best non-QB? I think the latter is the superior option by a long shot. Obviously trading down would be even better, but it takes two to tango. Maybe someone moves up for Lance or one of the OLs, but it's safe to assume it's unlikely rather than likely. 

I agree with trading for Minshew. He's shown enough to at least think he's interesting as a starting option, and he's cheap for at least another two years. Jacksonville clearly has no use for him after signing Beathard. I would toss them a conditional fourth in 2022 that can upgrade to a third or second depending on various escalators. Give him a chance to compete with TB this year and look at drafting a QB next year unless Minshew impresses.