• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kellen Mond

CarForLife

Y'all do know you're at odds with some Huddlers' (not to mention any names) favorite QB prognosticator...? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Kellen-Mond-Texas-AM-football-NFL-Draft-ranking-Chris-Simms-161902517/Amp/

How do you reconcile what Chris Simms and his seemingly crystal crystal ball is saying with what you're saying? And yes, there is a hint of sarcasm, but I'm genuinely interested in the answer?

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Y'all do know you're at odds with some Huddlers' (not to mention any names) favorite QB prognosticator...? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Kellen-Mond-Texas-AM-football-NFL-Draft-ranking-Chris-Simms-161902517/Amp/

How do you reconcile what Chris Simms and his seemingly crystal crystal ball is saying with what you're saying? And yes, there is a hint of sarcasm, but I'm genuinely interested in the answer?

Every season huddlers pick their corners on which qb they are going to love or hate and never change that viewpoint. More often than not though it is based on fan allegiance and most are dreadfully wrong.

What's your take on Mond? He has some flaws but we are relegated to sifting through scraps at this point in time so if he is sitting there in the second do you pass? If we can trade down or get a premier tackle or even Pitts at 8 if the other qb's are off the board I think Mond has to be under significant consideration.

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

You haven’t watched him as much is why you don’t understand I guess 

I watched him alot his first 2 season starting.  He would look like a 1st rounder on one play and follow that up by looking like a camp fodder guy on the next.  A pro day is not going to change that.  Did he look much better this past year?  I really don't know because I did not see 1 game he played.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, bababoey said:

I watched him alot his first 2 season starting.  He would look like a 1st rounder on one play and follow that up by looking like a camp fodder guy on the next.  A pro day is not going to change that.  Did he look much better this past year?  I really don't know because I did not see 1 game he played.

He came out hot and tailed off midway through the year. Their running game made a huge difference in their overall success this year.

Mond has 20 games with a completion percent under 60%. Even this year in his breakout year against an awful LSU team that played no defense all year he went 11 of 34 for like 100 yards. It’s not like he battled for a job. He started way too many games in college to be as inconsistent as he was. And their recruiting classes while he was there were some of the best in the country and SEC. There’s no reason for it other than he’s an ultra inconsistent player. 

42 minutes ago, Varking said:

Mond has 20 games with a completion percent under 60%. Even this year in his breakout year against an awful LSU team that played no defense all year he went 11 of 34 for like 100 yards. It’s not like he battled for a job. He started way too many games in college to be as inconsistent as he was. And their recruiting classes while he was there were some of the best in the country and SEC. There’s no reason for it other than he’s an ultra inconsistent player. 

100% agree with this. He has started 45 games!!! He should not be this up and down at this point. If he only had one season as a starter, I could see going for his upside based on his arm etc. But he has proven who he is at this point.

• Pie 1

We can get a really good player in Round 2 (IE: Not Kellen Mond). If we go for a QB later than round 1- we should get Davis Mills or Kyle Trask in Rounds 3 or 4 (Preferably 4). Both are better than Mond. If we go after a QB  in round 2 it best be because Mac Jones slipped out of the 1st round.

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Every season huddlers pick their corners on which qb they are going to love or hate and never change that viewpoint. More often than not though it is based on fan allegiance and most are dreadfully wrong.

What's your take on Mond? He has some flaws but we are relegated to sifting through scraps at this point in time so if he is sitting there in the second do you pass? If we can trade down or get a premier tackle or even Pitts at 8 if the other qb's are off the board I think Mond has to be under significant consideration.

It's a tough decision, for sure. There's a lot to like about Mond, as he makes some excellent throws, then will turn around and throw a stinker. Mond's trajectory is going to come down to how he is developed and whether or not he responds to coaching and teaching well enough to change some bad tendencies (which I hope aren't just natural and set in stone), the main one IMO being his locking onto his first read like there's no other option. That's a huge issue, but if he can fix it--transform--which may be asking too much--then he could be a helluva steal! If he can't, he's a backup, pure and simple! That being the question, I'd probably have a hard time taking him in the second at the expense of another more consistently solid talent at another position (like Rondale Moore for example)! As always though, I'll trust Rhule and company to get it right. Mond will likely need to sit an entire season before even thinking about letting him play. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Varking said:

Watched him for what equates to three and a half seasons of college ball. Would not bank on him ever being consistent enough to be somebodies long term #2. 

Exactly, i'd rather roll the dice on the bum from Florida or Davis Mills.