• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Patrick: Panthers interested in trading for Sam Darnold

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Verge said:

They have plenty of cap space and it's a 1 year deal for a high quality backup, plus they still get a pick, why not?

Not that I am saying it will happen. Makes more sense for us to send a third and then trade TB for a 5th or whatever we can get for him to DEN, NO, ETC

• The D 1

I don't believe this will happen prior to the draft.  They may be making a backup plan to the draft.  Or maybe regardless of the draft, if we can cut Teddy. 

I'm also not one that believes Darnold is toast. 

Very few QBs throw to the wolves make it. 

He's young, and still a talent. Therenis potential there. I wouldn't want to give up a pick higher then a 4th this year. A conditional next year is better. 

He'd be coming into a pretty good situation here, and it wouldn't stop us from pursuing another QB if he doesn't work out. 

• Pie 1

I would be all for trading for Darnold. Preferably, for no more than a third. That way we could get 2 OL in the first two picks and draft a WR or 2 later on. Would love some combo of Newsome, Darden, and Schwartz, or one of those with a versatile RB. Sprinkle in one or 2 DBs like Trill, Ford, Mukuamu, Shakur, or Hamlin (if we don’t address it via FA), and I’d call that a very successful draft. 

Option 1 - He becomes good away from Gase and NY, we have a QB

Option 2 - He's decent enough that someone signs him to a big contract in FA even if he's not "our guy", we get probably a 3rd round comp pick which is essentially what we give up this year to trade for him. 

Option 3 - He's terrible, he becomes our new Clausen and leads us to the promised land of a Top 3 pick

I don't think anybody wants Option 3, but this is what you get when we decided to screw the rebuild up by signing Teddy to make us averagely bad. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1