• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

11 minutes ago, davos said:

@Verge So from your vantage point, is our board something like this?:

1. Penei Sewell

2. Patrick Surtain Jr.

3. Trey Lance

4. Justin Fields

*This assumes Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Chase, Pitts are off the board. And we still appear pretty quiet about Slater.  Panthers.com did a thing on him one time but I've seen little connecting us.

I want to remind everyone that on draft day last year Verge was adamant it was CeeDee.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Going back through her Twitter she is certainly covering all of the bases.   She has literally alluded to the panthers taking anyone from in the top 10. 

And for the record, I love having her around. She owes us none of this. I don’t doubt she knows SOMEONE, I just question how much her person knows. If that makes sense.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Oh you’re a woman? My bad. I remember another post from you that said something like “maybe I’m just an old man but people just want the new shiny thing” or something.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2742341-alabama-qb-mac-jones-arrested-for-dui.amp.html

which is fine people deserve second chances...

but this ain’t a good look.

I never said I was a woman. I just said I wasn't a dude. I never said I was white nor did I say I was a person of color. (translation=anyone not with European origins). Why do you need to categorize everyone? Do you feel the need to treat me differently if I tell you I'm a an old man? What if I'm really a middle aged woman? You probably assume that I'm white because my image is of Rhule. What if I told you that my favorite Panther of all time is Steve Smith. Do I still think Fields isn't a good QB because I'm racist? Even if I'm not white? Or am I'm not allowed because you're racist? If I'm a woman, does that mean that if you don't agree with me that you're sexist? Doesn't my opinion have the same valor as yours? Are you a racist and a sexist or is it possible that we evaluate players differently? I read earlier that some evaluations fit into stereotypes. Fair enough but those same evaluations mentioned athletically superior. Isn't that a stereotype as well? Is that stereotype acceptable in your world? People who view the world by race are racists. People who view the world by sex are sexists. All of those people are called bigots. I personally hate bigotry. You have no right to define me. If you feel the need to justify your weak opinions based on any of these things then you have become exactly what you claim to speak against.  

• Poo 7

8 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I never said I was a woman. I just said I wasn't a dude. I never said I was white nor did I say I was a person of color. (translation=anyone not with European origins). Why do you need to categorize everyone? Do you feel the need to treat me differently if I tell you I'm a an old man? What if I'm really a middle aged woman? You probably assume that I'm white because my image is of Rhule. What if I told you that my favorite Panther of all time is Steve Smith. Do I still think Fields isn't a good QB because I'm racist? Even if I'm not white? Or am I'm not allowed because you're racist? If I'm a woman, does that mean that if you don't agree with me that you're sexist? Doesn't my opinion have the same valor as yours? Are you a racist and a sexist or is it possible that we evaluate players differently? I read earlier that some evaluations fit into stereotypes. Fair enough but those same evaluations mentioned athletically superior. Isn't that a stereotype as well? Is that stereotype acceptable in your world? People who view the world by race are racists. People who view the world by sex are sexists. All of those people are called bigots. I personally hate bigotry. You have no right to define me. If you feel the need to justify your weak opinions based on any of these things then you have become exactly what you claim to speak against.  

Get over yourself, ppl trying to talk football

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Nice--I have not been considering him seriously.

Seems to be going way under the radar, I think it'd be smart to look for a C replacement and insurance in case Little and Daley can't play guard. 

Notre Dame has a rep for good IOL, too. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

22 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I want to remind everyone that on draft day last year Verge was adamant it was CeeDee.

She was wrong about something? GTFO. She is just telling everyone what she is hearing. Take it however you want. I just want her to be right about Mac to SF so a better player drops to us.

19 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

How do you feel about being trapped on a deserted island with Dave Matthews music? 

• Flames 1

40 minutes ago, davos said:

okay?

Multiple sources have hinted that we're not high on Trey Lance.

One or two suggested that we didn't like any quarterbacks other than Lawrence and Wilson, but one of those same sources (Joe Person) later suggested we were "intrigued" by Fields.

I've read enough to believe the Panthers non-interest in Trey Lance is probably fact. Whether or not they genuinely like Justin Fields or it's just a smokescreen? Don't really know. Ask me on Friday.

I know Verge doesn't see us taking a first round QB at this point.

Edited by Mr. Scot

27 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Lol what the fug

• Flames 1