• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign DT DaQuan Jones

BurnNChinn

I like what we're doing with the defensive line... this could make for a very interesting year. We look loaded with guys who are just this close to break-out years. If two or three pop at the same time, it could be tremendous. And just the rotational opportunities... wow.

To most NFL fans, this is a no-name defense. By December, they'll know, they'll know.

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Better than signing KK only to watch him be hurt and never see the field for a 3rd straight season. 

Agreed.  The image that comes to mind is Lucy pulling the football away (again), just as Charley Brown tries to kick it.  We've seen how this turns out. 

Just say 'no' to eternal optimism not grounded in reality and experience.  Pay for actual performance, everyone else walks.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, Ship said:

That signing sounds great but I feel like we might be wishing we’d signed him for more than one year 

Likely wouldn't agree to it with the cap so low, and the TV deals about to come.

He wants to be 30 or under and get one more shot at a big payday.

I like this signing a LOT.  In a very weak DT draft, this makes me feel better.  Now, address the O Line and Secondary.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Fitt-Dawg plugging up all the holes on this roster before the draft.  This stuff is SOOOOO refreshing.  Its like night and day from the Hurney/Rivera regime.  Have we EVER been this active in free agency before?  

Nope, because...''The answer is on the roster''. Also we'd blown a ton of cap on HB's and CJ Johnson at the time. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

We really need someone that can rush from the interior. Twyman had a good pro day. 

Fox, and Matos -- folks should remember we'll be in Nickel most of the time we're talking 65+ % and much higher, as 11 personnel is the new ''base'' offense. 

Nickel Pass (2 DL, 4 LB, 5 DB) - Burns / Matos or Fox / Brown / Reddick 

Nickel Run (Traditional - 4 DL, 2 LB, 5 DB) - Burns / Roy or Jones / Brown / Gross Matos or Fox

We have a lot of personnel flexibility -- this isn't even taking into consideration the Odd fronts we'll be able to build upon that we saw last year, we are well suited to line up in 3-4 // 33 fronts. 

DL - Brown / Jones or PJ Johnson (345 lbs) / Roy 

EDGE - Burns / Reddick 

Off LB - Shaq / Perryman

DB - Jackson / Bouye

S - Chinn / Burris / Rookie / TBD Vet

----------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly can't wait to see what we do on defense.

• Pie 8

you can always use a great interior pass rusher but stout inside guys also help rushers like Reddick make plays.

Jones isn't devoid of pass rush either. From what's been posted he seems to play all over with success at various techniques.

Edited by Moo Daeng