• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Night Trade Scenario: A 1st Rd pick next year or [Insert top Prospect]?

firefox1234

Draft Night Trade Scenario: 1st Rd pick next year or stay and select [Insert top Prospect]?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. A 1st Rd pick next year or stay at 8 and select [Insert top Prospect]?

• Additional 1st Rd pick next year
    • Stay at 8 and select blue chip prospect

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

That’s too much...don’t trade out of top 12, 15 at absolute worst

and ONLY for a 1st rounder next yr

I think there could be an opportunity to get a number of great players in later rounds this year.

Covid makes this an unusual year. Most teams are going to prioritize guys who played this year.

Rhule and staff still have deep knowledge of a ton of college players from their recruiting days. Knowledge other teams don’t. 

I’m expecting there to be a ton of overlooked talent.

3 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

The Ringer's mock draft had an interesting trade.  Drops a little further than I'd like (trade with Washington), but could be a nice haul...

Projected trade: Washington trades nos. 19, 74, and 82, plus a 2022 first-round pick, to the Panthers for no. 8 overall. 

Getting 74 & 82, PLUS a 1st rounder next year, while still maybe getting the #3 or 4 OT on our board (this scenario has Vera-Tucker and Jenkins left) or CB at 19 would be nice. 

This trade is too perfect for the panthers for it to ever come true. 

this would give us so much ammo. Listening to the press conference today it sounds like there are 16 guys we have our eyes on in the first round. If we drop to 19 and pick up these additional picks, we would have the ammo to move back up into the top 16 to get one of our guys while also walking out with what could potentially be a top ten pick next year. 

Washington will be a meddling football team next year with whoever they trot out next year. 

We give Darnold a shot this year and if it doesn’t work we likely have two top ten picks next year to move up and get our QB1

If Darnold balls out we go into next year with two first rounders that we can use to fill holes or potentially swing one of those firsts for a stud player. 

Edited by bigdog10

5 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

The Ringer's mock draft had an interesting trade.  Drops a little further than I'd like (trade with Washington), but could be a nice haul...

Projected trade: Washington trades nos. 19, 74, and 82, plus a 2022 first-round pick, to the Panthers for no. 8 overall. 

Getting 74 & 82, PLUS a 1st rounder next year, while still maybe getting the #3 or 4 OT on our board (this scenario has Vera-Tucker and Jenkins left) or CB at 19 would be nice. 

We can only hope teams are that desperate to trade up. If so, take it all day...

5 hours ago, @bonafidebanter said:

Nah, I'm a big fan of hanging in there and selecting elite talent for my team. You haven't proven to me that you an draft with multiple picks. You used all of your picks last year on defense and you're still picking at 8. Just go with elite talent and move on. 

And two of the best players on defence last year were rookies, with several other rookies flashing. 

This roster needs a talent injection.

Im open to trading back on two conditions.... Pitts isnt there or Sewell... everyone else i would take the deal. Remember this is a rare class at the top. the only reason we even discussing Pitts and Sewell and players like chase so on this low is because there is such a heavy qb class at the top. you wont have a chance at this caliber players very often if your not picking top 5.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:37 AM, CarolinaNCSU said:

You do this every single fuging day. That is a damn haul, and that Washington selection could easily wind up being a top 10 choice next year.

I mean I dont know about going back to 19. People think all players are the same caliber. you could bust much easier on the back end of the first than at the top. players at the to have displayed rare tools and have less holes in there game. the difference between say  brian burns and a celin farrell(yes he went higher and i hated it then) whom the huddle was crazy about. The lowest I would drop is to around where Patrick surtain and Horn are projected to go. I would much rather have a top tackle or weapon for Darnold, but a potential number 1 CB isnt bad either. After that you start risking busts guys with holes in there game like Little...Great tools but red flags already showing.