• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General Draft Week Rumors

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Thinking about how if we pass on Fields and he ends up being a franchise changer, and Darnold doesn’t massively improve here that will be an awful look for this regime in terms of QB analysis 

Especially if we trade with NE and they make him one of the league’s top QBs...

2 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I wouldn't hate him at 8, but a trade down could still get us Horn. There's a lot to like about him and he would give us a CB that could shut down his side of the field much the way PP/White/Gilmore do. Kyle Pitts said he was the toughest matchup he's had to face....and Pitts played against Surtain too. 

I hate the Saints, but Joe Horn was easy to like when he was there....apple shouldn't fall too far from the tree.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Drafting Horn would sting, especially at #8. He's basically a Bradberry clone. Could've just re-signed him. Re-signing Shaq over Bradberry will probably always chap my ass.

At the time, I was not in favor or signing either one, thinking they were overpriced (apologies to James). 

I figured the Panthers had a plan to replace one or both. Little did I know they did not. 

I'm okay letting the high-priced players go, when there's a plan for filling the spot.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Drafting Horn would sting, especially at #8. He's basically a Bradberry clone. Could've just re-signed him. Re-signing Shaq over Bradberry will probably always chap my ass.

Depends on who's there at 8, but IDK about comparing him to Bradberry. Horn has a 10.0 RAS score, which puts him at #1 out of over 1700 CBs. Bradberry was at a 9.17 and ran a 4.5 40 and 36.5 vertical. Horn ran a 4.35 40 and a 41.5 vertical. 

Horn is way more confident and explosive and an alpha, IMO. 

Metrics aren't everything, but I think Horn will be at another level 4 years from now. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

At the time, I was not in favor or signing either one, thinking they were overpriced (apologies to James). 

I figured the Panthers had a plan to replace one or both. Little did I know they did not. 

I'm okay letting the high-priced players go, when there's a plan for filling the spot.

I'm in favor of paying good players at premium positions or elite players at non-premium positions. Shaq is the type of re-signing you can't make. You can't pay good players at non-premium positions elite money.

• Pie 2

I agree with the perspective about letting Bradberry go and giving Shaq a large contract (it was definitely a mistake in hindsight). Horn though I think is a different player than Bradberry. He has more upside. He is a little longer and a bit faster I think. Whether he can develop into a quality starter like Bradberry is the question. He might turn into a really good player but i'm not sure he is one of those "elite 15" prospects. To me he is right at the top of that 2nd tier. Just my opinion.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That is the worst smokescreen ever. Ever.

That said, I would so love to see them take a non-QB. I mean it would just be fantastic.

Oh, damn it. I think I just realized he’s talking about the 5 QBs. Darn it. I just wanted to see the next Herschel Walker deal.

There's zero chance of that but damn if it wouldn't be hilarious. I just think it's dumb they're trying to play coy. They've already made their trade. It's not like they have any reason to be posturing.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s more fun to think that they’re sitting in the war room thinking they fuged up royally and wondering how they get out of it.

Just imagine if for some reason they had convinced themselves that the Jets were going to stick with Darnold and they made that trade expecting to draft Wilson. I mean, that's absurdly far fetched but it'd be fuging hilarious.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

Just to add reports are he showed up at bama at 160. 4 years later, bama.....the best in college world at strength/bigger/faster.....he only added 6 LBs????? Id tell teams I had 3 tapeworms... He could have drank gallon of water before the scale too, so that 6 LBs is ???

I think chase will be that panthers pick at this minute, btw. 

People have extremely fast metabolisms when they are young…especially when you’re a high level athlete. I’m 6’4” and going into college I weighed 160 ( I played baseball at a local D1 school). A few years later I was only about 170 but I was strong as an ox and I was ripped up. Everybody is different…

6 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Unless they don't view him as a tight end. He could also be seen as a big receiver. He's almost exactly the same size as Megatron. The fact that there are Julio trade rumors might give this even more merit. Remove the TE from in front of his name and add the letters WR. Does it still sound silly?

I See Data GIF by Star Trek

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Just to add reports are he showed up at bama at 160. 4 years later, bama.....the best in college world at strength/bigger/faster.....he only added 6 LBs????? Id tell teams I had 3 tapeworms... He could have drank gallon of water before the scale too, so that 6 LBs is ???

I think chase will be that panthers pick at this minute, btw. 

The tape is so dominant it's hard to drift away from him.