• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horn

kratos997

26 minutes ago, Growl said:

lol PFF

1. Why should I trust that? I have no idea how they are reaching that conclusion or whether it means anything of import at all. What if three guys had 40 yards each against him in a game? Is that still a quality showing?

2. Doesn’t include the many PIs he puts up because he’s very grabby. That kind of play will lead to even more flags (and penalty yards) in the NFL

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

lol PFF

1. Why should I trust that? I have no idea how they are reaching that conclusion or whether it means anything of import at all. What if three guys had 40 yards each against him in a game? Is that still a quality showing?

2. Doesn’t include the many PIs he puts up because he’s very grabby. That kind of play will lead to even more flags (and penalty yards) in the NFL

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

lol PFF

per PFF in that Bama game. 

Horn allowed five catches for 113 yards and a touchdown into his coverage, good for a passer rating of 145.8.

They bluntly said he was bad in that game.  And that his 2019 wasn't really that good.

Horn's rise really came in 2020.  But like I said, I wonder how much of that is just opponents taking advantage of all the easier options on the field in 2020.  Gamecocks were horrible.   They gave up 40 points per game.  So how much of that is being scared of Horn vs just preferring to attack a very weak team elsewhere. 

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

per PFF in that Bama game. 

Horn allowed five catches for 113 yards and a touchdown into his coverage, good for a passer rating of 145.8.

They bluntly said he was bad in that game.  And that his 2019 wasn't really that good.

Horn's rise really came in 2020.  But like I said, I wonder how much of that is just opponents taking advantage of all the easier options on the field in 2020.  Gamecocks were horrible.   They gave up 40 points per game.  So how much of that is being scared of Horn vs just preferring to attack a very weak team elsewhere. 

Well, and SCAR was so bad that teams were running the ball down their throats in the second half. I agree with your points. It's also worth pointing out that he packed it up in November because the team was bad and Muschump got fired. Sounds like a great team player!

6 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

This would be a terrible pick at #8

If Horn is who the team wants, there is is ZERO reason to not trade down a bit, even if it's not that good of a trade to trade down, we'd still be able to get him and at a cheaper contract.

I feel like most of the love of him on here is due to the Carolina connection, thankfully as a longtime Panther's fane from outside the Carolina's, I don't have any connection to him and I can realize that.

I'm not against Horn, but I'm VERY against him at #8, there would just be better choices at that spot regardless.  I very much think we need to get a shut down corner, but I don't think there is anyone worthy to take at that spot, not when we could trade down anywhere from 9-15ish and still get one of the top 2 CB's on a cheaper deal and pick up a few more draft picks at the same time.

For me, it's Sewell, Slater, or trade down, nothing else would make me happy at this point. 

We've had a LT problem since Gross retired, there are 2 legit choices for us this year, we should be able to get one of them, but if not, there isn't a clear cut choice at #8 for me and we can trade down a few spots and still get an equally impactful player on a cheaper deal and pick up some extra picks while we're at it.

Only a dumb homer would pick Horn at 8, and thankfully, the only dumb homer the Panthers had with any real say in draft selection is now with the WFT. 

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I've never seen him play (or at least if I've stumbled across a Gamecocks game I've never noticed him), but 2 career INTs makes me do a double take.

Surely you want a playmaker at CB?

it's because nobody wanted to through the ball his way.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If that is the case than I am not sure how they can see that.  A starting LT is a premium especially when  you dont have anything that resembles one on the roster.

If this is the case and they pick Horn over Slater that is going to be deja vu in picking Brown over Beckton or Wirfs in 2020.

Brown was overall better prospect at the time then those 2 from the start....he was consider a top 5 pick. Beckton shot up draft boards in the pre draft process and Wirfs was projected as good RT. And you are basing this off the results of those guys rookie seasons in which they all actually performed well. Its not the same situations because is Slater has always been projected better than Horn. Horn would kind of be a reach for the panthers based off value.

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Brown was overall better prospect at the time then those 2 from the start....he was consider a top 5 pick. Beckton shot up draft boards in the pre draft process and Wirfs was projected as good RT. And you are basing this off the results of those guys rookie seasons in which they all actually performed well. Its not the same situations because is Slater has always been projected better than Horn. Horn would kind of be a reach for the panthers based off value.

A non pass rushing DT is way down on the list team value.  You can go back a year and I was screaming for one of the tackles and we had our choice of 3 good ones.  Wirfs is the 2nd best RT in the league right now.  You know damn well they are moving him to LT in the very near future.  Beckton had a pretty good season at LT and will only get better. 

Now I am not saying Brown is dog crap but seriously ask yourself this and be honest.  Who would you rather have today going into this draft.  Wirfs/Beckton or Brown.  Your answer shouldnt even be a debate. 

Horn would be the pick, if Hurney was still here.  Horn is in the whats still left when carolina trades down in the 1st.  I love the pick, but only if carolina is picking 12-15

If Hurney was still the GM we might trade down and give up picks to get Horn!

But honestly, I think he's got the potential to be very good. He's fast, big, physical. He just needs to be a little less grabby and learn how to wrap-up when he comes down to tackle. I'm not a scout, just a cynical guy sitting on a coach- so take my view for what its worth.

Penny Cent Transparent Png Clipart - Old Pennies Emoji - free transparent  emoji - emojipng.com

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

A non pass rushing DT is way down on the list team value.  You can go back a year and I was screaming for one of the tackles and we had our choice of 3 good ones.  Wirfs is the 2nd best RT in the league right now.  You know damn well they are moving him to LT in the very near future.  Beckton had a pretty good season at LT and will only get better. 

Now I am not saying Brown is dog crap but seriously ask yourself this and be honest.  Who would you rather have today going into this draft.  Wirfs/Beckton or Brown.  Your answer shouldnt even be a debate. 

Again....You are BASING this off the results of their rookies seasons, we are in the pre draft process and going off projections where Brown was consider an overrall better player at the time. Taking Becton or Wilfs at the time would have been considered a reach at that time just like taking Horn at 8 would be considered by some people as a reach for us. Thats the point. Nobody was suggesting the panthers should draft Beckton or Wilfs at 6.  

Lastly, how the hell is Brown not pass rushing DT? He had times where he dominated the guy in front of him and created pressures. The sack number doesnt tell the whole story as he showed the same force he did in college and he is gonna continue to get better. By you saying that that just says you really werent watching like that.