• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Total cost for Teddy

AU-panther

3 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Dead Money

Name Cap Number
Teddy Bridgewater $17,000,000
Kawann Short $11,017,000
Luke Kuechly $7,130,000
Stephen Weatherly $2,000,000
Graham Gano $1,537,500
Michael Palardy $500,000
Zach Kerr $250,000
Kenny Robinson $249,150
Jordan Scarlett $155,300
TOTAL $39,930,049

We should look a lot better next year when Bridgewater, Short and Retired Kuechly Dead Money comes off the books...

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

But did they write the contract? 

Yes Matt Rhule the 100 million dollar man and David Tepper the billionaire who hired him were powerless to stop that devious Marty Hurney from sabotaging the season by signing Teddy Bridgewater. Surely they had little input and thoroughly trusted the expertise of the former radio host.

Leonardo Dicaprio Laughing GIF

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, davos said:

Entirely disagree. 

No deal:

We pay Teddy $21 mil 2021, still on the books for 2022

With a post-J1 cut:

2021: $15 mil dead cap, clear $7.9 mil in cap space

2022: $5 mil dead cap and we’ve got $21 mil more to spend.

With deal:

2021: Gain 6th rounder, gain $6 mil in cap (yes though more dead cap is eaten that was GOING TO HIM ANYWAYS)

2022: $26 mil freed

This does a good job of explaining. Just to add, If teddy played out this season and was cut after week 18, 5 million in dead cap was coming to the 2022 cap. Since he was traded that dead cap hits this year. That 5 million is form the signing bonus, same hit this year as it would have been next year.

So...

2021- 5 million SB

+

2022- 5 million SB

+

2021 - 7 million panther salary

=

2021 17 dead cap.

I think we will be the first team with back-to-back years with over 40 million in dead cap.......fug you Herniay. fuging awful!!!

Edited by Basbear

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

Don’t forget that Paradis and Reddick will cost 13.2M for their voidable years. Shaq will cost 18M(or 12 to cut). I don’t think wasting cap space is a tradition the Panthers are likely to stop anytime soon. At least from the looks of things. 

You are always good for cap stuff. Boston also hits for 5.3 million in dead cap next year too. Bloody hell, it may not end....

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

You are always good for cap stuff. Boston also hits for 5.3 million in dead cap next year too. Bloody hell, it may not end....

I saw that as well and it can’t be correct. It’s 5.3M total. 2.6 this year and next. There is no scenario I know of where a team can put the whole amount on the. next year. It’s actually 5.3M this year until June 1st when they get that 2,6M from next year back to use now. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Blame Rhule and Brady. 

Can't blame them for the move. Cam was damaged goods at that point and we were desperate for a QB. Based on his 5-0 record with the Saints and his ability to come back in a few of those games, no one would have expected an 0-8 record in game tieing/winning drives and a grand total of 1 TD in the 4th quarter.

Teams have lost much more than 31 million experimenting on QBs, I'm just glad the FO pulled the trigger sooner than later.

3 hours ago, FeelTheBurns53 said:

Can't blame them for the move. Cam was damaged goods at that point and we were desperate for a QB. Based on his 5-0 record with the Saints and his ability to come back in a few of those games, no one would have expected an 0-8 record in game tieing/winning drives and a grand total of 1 TD in the 4th quarter.

Teams have lost much more than 31 million experimenting on QBs, I'm just glad the FO pulled the trigger sooner than later.

We can still blame them because it was their decision. I understand why they did it, but it was a bad call. At least they learned their lesson about being desperate for a QB... 👀