• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Are You Going To Be Upset About If We Draft A

OceanPanther

9 hours ago, saX man said:

Although maybe we're targeting a starting LG in R2. 

We could have a new legion of boom in Surtain-Jackson-Bouye-Burris-Chinn

And then a brand spanking new Leatherwood at LG.

Not "Legion of Boom" , but maybe a new Thieves Ave. If we get a CB (Surtain/Horn) in the 1st and a true FS (Grant/Holland) in the 2nd or 3rd (I don't think we should use Burris except maybe as a rotational piece). 

Remember there's a buzz about Grant in R2. If we go defense in R'a 1 and 2? Talk about pissing people off, Snow would love it, but Joe B. (and lots of fans), maybe not so much!

Without getting into far-reaching/impossible positions (ex: RB or STs) I am saying WR or CB at #8 I'm going to be pretty upset.  I'll be okay with CB in a trade back to get the correct value.  As loaded as the WR class is, we have WAY too many pressing needs...not to mention a decent WR corps already, to be taking a wideout in the first round, trade back or not.  I'm generally a BPA guy in the first round, but there are always exceptions to every rule.

12 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Only thing I'd be "upset" about is anybody else picked if "Sewell, Pitts or Chase" are still available. 

Sewell: Tackles our Oline problem

Pitts: Tackles our redzone problem 

Chase: If you thought last year was good with DJ, Robbie and Samuel lol.  

At the same time, whoever picked is apart of the family so that bitterness would only last around 24 hours. Atleast until the 2nd round, where I'd have another chance to experience the same dissatisfaction again. 

Exactly how I feel!

I have always been upset with the picks later in the draft though. That's if I get upset.

Edited by top dawg

Only positions I would be legit upset about is linebacker or rb. Maybe not upset but just wtf defeated. I wouldn’t even draft Parsons if we traded back.  

im fine with Horn at 8. Lots of smoke about him coming through the past week. I know a lot of people will hate it but I think it’ll prove to be a really wise decision down the road. 

fields trumps everything for me. If he’s there I take him over every prospect left even Sewell. If the rumors are true that Tepper is pushing fields that is conflicting for me. I think he’s right in this circumstance but owners that meddle in draft picks is NOT a good thing long term. And it creates a really bad environment for the coaches and management.

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Only positions I would be legit upset about is linebacker or rb. Maybe not upset but just wtf defeated. I wouldn’t even draft Parsons if we traded back.  

im fine with Horn at 8. Lots of smoke about him coming through the past week. I know a lot of people will hate it but I think it’ll prove to be a really wise decision down the road. 

fields trumps everything for me. If he’s there I take him over every prospect left even Sewell. If the rumors are true that Tepper is pushing fields that is conflicting for me. I think he’s right in this circumstance but owners that meddle in draft picks is NOT a good thing long term. And it creates a really bad environment for the coaches and management.

See i dont think Tepper is specifically pushing for Fields. However, he probably has made it clear the importance of getting a franchise QB if we believe one is there to be taken especially in the first round.

31 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

See i dont think Tepper is specifically pushing for Fields. However, he probably has made it clear the importance of getting a franchise QB if we believe one is there to be taken especially in the first round.

And if fields is there im sure he will push for him. Again I think we should draft him but I hope it’s a collective decision between Matt and fits and not just coming from Tepper. 

I really think Rhule has wanted to slow roll this process from day 1. Reports of rhule wanting to trade back and collect more picks last year and this year, the report about us having  fewer picks than team averages over the past 10 years. I just have a feeling he’s wanted to build this team up before doing something at the qb position if we haven’t found one in the process. 

I totally agree with the importance of a franchise qb and striking when the iron is hot. I just want Tepper to let Matt do his thing and see where the chips fall. He hired the guy to be a franchise builder. Let him see his plan out without interference.

I’ve said before I give rhule til 2023 to build a contender that includes a franchise qb. If we are treading water then he needs to go.

Edited by TheRumGone