• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Jaycee Horn - Why he is the best fit

Zod

4 minutes ago, Lemon said:

It's not about busting or not really. It's about where the talent is, and how to build a team. There's countless teams over the last decade that had everything, but the position that matters most.

Thats exactly why we picked a shutdown corner that can press. Our lack of personnel that could do that forced us into playing soft zone or huge cushions which essentially neutralized our biggest strength which is our DLine and the pass rush. Having DBs that can blanket someone an extra second allows your pass rushers to have an extra second to get to the QB. Watch some 2015 Broncos tape 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Lemon said:

It's not about busting or not really. It's about where the talent is, and how to build a team. There's countless teams over the last decade that had everything, but the position that matters most.

And we still might not had the "position that matter most" if we drafted who you wanted them to draft.. 

Again alot of you ppl just weren't getting the signal.. They really liked Darnold and other then Stafford, Watson, Lawrence, and Wilson they were good with him over any other QB in this draft...

Just now, WOW!! said:

And we still might not had the "position that matter most" if we drafted who you wanted them to draft.. 

Again alot of you ppl just weren't getting the signal.. They really liked Darnold and other then Stafford, Watson, Lawrence, and Wilson they were good with him over any other QB in this draft...

I wanted either, Fields, trade down, or a tackle. A corner is just serious mismanagement. It's unlikely he lives up to the pick, statistically speaking, and even if he does he'll cost a massive amount to keep on the team. Corners are lost in free agency so often because bad teams have great corners, and still don't compete.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

Darnold vs. Fields will be watched closely.  This is a big gamble but no doubt solidifies our DBs.

I really want to know why they didn’t like Fields. 

Obviously they weren’t alone, so what is his deal?

Just now, Lemon said:

I wanted either, Fields, trade down, or a tackle. A corner is just serious mismanagement. It's unlikely he lives up to the pick, statistically speaking, and even if he does he'll cost a massive amount to keep on the team. Corners are lost in free agency so often because bad teams have great corners, and still don't compete.

That’s why a top CB in the draft is so valuable 

we get a 5 yr rookie contract

Just now, Lemon said:

And again my point... just because you loved Fields doesn't mean everybody else did or more importantly this coaching staff..

Jesus, I can't believe people are complaining about the possibility of losing a player to free agency four or five years from now.  That's a possibility with any player regardless of position, not just CB. And it's a good problem to have.  It means you drafted a good player who produced well for you on a cheap contract for a few years.  Sure, you'd love to keep them in free agency if the price is right, but whether or not the stay has no bearing on whether it was a good draft pick.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I really want to know why they didn’t like Fields. 

Obviously they weren’t alone, so what is his deal?

Being honest.. I'm not a big fan of Fields either. He ran a elementary offense.. His mechanic are robotic and while he is very athletic he seems stiff with no wiggle to his running style..

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Being honest.. I'm not a big fan of Fields either. He ran a elementary offense.. His mechanic are robotic and while he is very athletic he seems stiff with no wiggle to his running style..

I guess we’ll see. This feels like a Watson, Mahomes, Rogers thing to me.

The guys with the most tape falls because people can over analyze them.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I just don't see how they really like Sam, but aren't putting him into a position to shake his ghosts. I hope they find a LT tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

Rhule panicked when the Falcunts took Pitts.

He didn't panic he found the one guy Pitts hated to face. That would be Horn. When Atlanta picked Pitts I said we needed a big corner to compete and put Jackson in the slot. Suddenly the loss of Bradberry has been restored and with Chinn going to safety suddenly we have a potentially great secondary. An absolute necessity in this division and our Achilles heel most years.

• Pie 4