• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Jaycee Horn - Why he is the best fit

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reports say they had offers but Fitterer didn't like them as much as he liked Horn.

Not mad at it at all.  As I stated all day, Horn was a top 3 guy for me, and with how the picks shook out, he was 1st or 2nd at the time we picked.  And considering what the Hawks did at CB while Fitt was there, I 100% believe in his evaluation and selection of this pick.  He checks all the boxes for a shutdown corner.

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

No it also depends on Darnold. If Darnold is a legit QB then it's irrelevant what Fields does

Darnold plays scared and that equals suckage. 

25 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Horn is a stud. This will be Luke 2.0 where people look absolutely dumb a few years from now when he’s considered one of the best in the league. Richard Sherman said he will be the best defensive player in the draft 

And his talent will be wasted with no rings too...

• Poo 1
19 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

All depends on Darnold. Front office thinks he’s better than Fields apparently. We shall see…

If Darnold is good then this pick will largely be forgiven. 

Physically, Jaycee Horn matches up well as a corner. Let’s hope his athleticism makes him a tough cover and that the DL makes life easier on him. But in this division, he’s likely to look horrible as a rookie.

Maybe not. I’ll be hopeful. I just don’t trust Tepper/Rhule/Fitterer farther than I can throw an aircraft carrier. 

22 minutes ago, Fenrir said:

All depends on Darnold. Front office thinks he’s better than Fields apparently. We shall see…

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1387949953528614918

To those that wonder why the Panthers didn't draft Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields to compete with Sam Darnold, and instead selected South Carolina cornerback Jaycee Horn, here's what coach Matt Rhule said: "We brought Sam here for a reason. We’re excited to see what he can do. We traded for him because we believe his potential.'' In other words, they feel Darnold is better than Fields and Horn can help more.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

https://twitter.com/DNewtonespn/status/1387949953528614918

To those that wonder why the Panthers didn't draft Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields to compete with Sam Darnold, and instead selected South Carolina cornerback Jaycee Horn, here's what coach Matt Rhule said: "We brought Sam here for a reason. We’re excited to see what he can do. We traded for him because we believe his potential.'' In other words, they feel Darnold is better than Fields and Horn can help more.

Ding ding ding!!

I'm warming up to the pick to be honest. It's not an indictment against Horn. Just that we had Slater and Fields on the board. 

But with us having to face AB, Mike Evans, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, etc.. It makes sense that we need a top tier CB.

• Pie 1