• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 - Carolina Panthers select LSU WR Terrace Marshall

Zod

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Moose might own the title for best individual season for a Panther WR. 

and 89 had a triple crown season 

Hell yea man. These guys could end up being really good but 89 is going to be a HoFer and that's a BIG shoe to fill alone. Prohel is literally one of the more clutch WRs in the NFL int he playoffs at all so there's that too.

8 hours ago, Fox007 said:

TBH we have a lot of new fans that never saw Moose play and don't' understand how good that man was...62TD and 11k yards is a legit af career....on OUR team lol. So basically that is to say a poo team that runs the ball first....

When Moose was a rookie, John Madden was the commentator on one of the Panthers games. It was the first time he had seen moose play.  I remember his description: This Muhammad kid is a nasty receiver. 

That was a high praise complement and Moose had a great career. 

Edited by thennek
  • Pie 1

Got to  love and be excited about this pick. {"A big, fast receiver with solid hands, Marshall posses the talent to become an instant impact guy on Sundays. He possess the ability to play both inside and outside, but really shows his strength when he reaches the second or third levels of the defense. With his length and speed combo he is able to get good space between him and his defender to complete those big plays all offenses are looking for in todays game. When you drop him in the slot he is able to gain inside leverage, and is able to showcase the type of grit you are looking for when it comes to yards after the catch. Overall, Marshall does project to be an “X” receiver at the NFL level."}

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, Zod said:

Thank you.  We hear for a year how we are going to analytics and that does not mean player measurables.  It means situational football.  When your defense cannot get off the field and opponents complete 71% of passes outside the numbers, you get a CB1.  When you can't score inside the 20, you get a guy who is known for it.

This is the most impressive pick by far--the picks we got, the player we got, the need....

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I also think this was a Joe Brady extension pick.

They know he will be a coach some day but gave him a guy to develop and continue working with for a couple years or more.

He had to fall to them, which means they were not targeting him--I am guessing they saw OT as a need and were going to grab one there, when Marshall was staring at them.

Then they move back up for Christensen.  ( I am not yet a Christenson fan--could be a LG--Elf to C. LT is still not settled).

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He had to fall to them, which means they were not targeting him--I am guessing they saw OT as a need and were going to grab one there, when Marshall was staring at them.

Then they move back up for Christensen.  ( I am not yet a Christenson fan--could be a LG--Elf to C. LT is still not settled).

I don't agree.

Marshall was the #2 receiver on their board, they saw how things were playing out and knew that he could be had later. this allowed them to gain an extra pick by being patient and knowing their board.