• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Grade on our Draft

Pup McBarky

Overall draft Grade: C

1. Horn. Based on Horn alone it’s an A. But based on our team needs this pick was an F. Wasting a top 10 pick on a CB when you have serious needs at more prominent positions can’t be said to be anything but a failure of a choice.

2. Marshall. Again another wasted pick, you pick to address current needs, not one that may arise in another year. Spending a 2nd on a maybe 3rd option on our WR roster for this year is an absolute joke. F

3a. Christensen. Solid pick for the 3rd, actually addresses a team need. A+

3b. Tremble. A Meh so what Pick, better options available, really could care less about the pick.

anything after the third s a project so

i will it grade that, but overall grade for the Panthers is a Big fat F. My most hated draft in recent memory.

I loved our draft last year. This year? Terrible.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 30

22 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

1. Horn. Based on Horn alone it’s an A. But based on our team needs this pick was an F. Wasting a top 10 pick on a CB when you have serious needs at more prominent positions can’t be said to be anything but a failure of a choice.

2. Marshall. Again another wasted pick, you pick to address current needs, not one that may arise in another year. Spending a 2nd on a maybe 3rd option on our WR roster for this year is an absolute joke. F

3b. Tremble. A Meh so what Pick, better options available, really could care less about the pick.

i will it grade that, but overall grade for the Panthers is a Big fat F. My most hated draft in recent memory.

Lol

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I've agreed with a lot of your posts over the years, but I 100% disagree about this draft.

I think all 4 picks in the first 3 rounds were solid, and I think Horn will be Pro Bowler sooner than later... he is that good IMO

Passing on Fields is a legitimate complaint, and if he becomes special this overwise awesome draft will always be maligned.

Trading back allowed us to fill much needed depth. I think this is going to be a much better deal this year with the 17th game.

I don't know how at first glance this draft doesn't warrant an "A" or even "A+" given the needs we have addressed and the talent across the board we added (granted on paper for now)

I think this draft sets us up nicely for next year's Free Agency where we will have a boatload of cap and can add some more top end talent to this young core.

I still have no idea how this season will go, primarily bc Darnold, but at least on paper, I think this team is substantially more talented than last year's.

And a large part of this is bc of this draft.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

I hope you're right. I sincerely hope he becomes Kittle 2.0. In my view, he almost has to in order to justify the pick.

I don't even think he has to be Kittle 2.0 that's a big ask out of any player. George is a freak. But if he even comes up half of that or better, we have a trademark player. It's the value he adds to the scheme for me. His nastiness and willingness to decapitate people in the run game, and mostly any blocking situation is huge when you have guys Like CMC, DJ and Terrance Marshall toting the rock behind them.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Im usually pretty pessimistic about these things, but, the amount of value we got and where we got it, just made me excited. We did get a little trade happy, but we made up some nice ground. That 4th from Houston is essentially a late third.

1- Horn- A-didn’t LOVE it initially, but passing on Fields and not being able to move hurt. But after sleeping on it, we weren’t getting Horn moving down. The teams also very confident in Darnold, which we’ve no choice but to trust and see. Horn himself, essentially makes the CB group potentially elite and deep, which we haven’t had in a while. 

2- Marshall- A+ - the dynamic and depth of this group just became elite. Idk if you’re finding a more diverse and talented core in the nfl, aside from TB, maybe CIN, DAL, and maaaaybe ARI. He’s tall, he moves, he’s elite production, and he’s from a winning program reunited with his championship winning OC.

3- Christensen-B- dont love the player too too much. We did need an OT, though and he comes in at a pretty important spot.

3- Tremble- B minus- needed more elite OT and DT depth and took a swiss army player that needs some grooming. Luckily our later picks solidified this pick. I’m excited to see what he role he’ll get.

4- Hubbard- B- a zone runner with solid speed and power in spurts with some fumbling issues. We did need some pedigree behind CMC and all in all this seems like a pretty safe bet for stability.

5- Nixon- A+- what an absolute value. We needed more IDL and I think we got a top 5 player at the position in the fifth round. He is polarizing because I’ve seen him as high as late round 1 and I know PFF was specifically low on him, but I don’t know how you make a better 5th round pick. Home run.

5- Taylor- D+- no real strong opinion of this pick, would’ve loved to have seen Gowan be the choice here.

6- Brown- A+- another absolute value of a pick. Couldn’t ask for more out of a 6th. He has the potential to be the starting day RG and be a pretty fine one, assuming the staff gets his height and mobility where it should be. The production and school he came from, just screams value and safety, though.

6- Smith- B- purely a depth choice and one of the remaining top WR at the time. Local kid, can’t hate the pick.

7- Fletcher and Hoskins- N/A. Long snapper and depth body. Pretty low expectations.

All in all, I’m giving this draft an A+.  We solidified and moved pretty masterfully and took the shots we needed. 

Edited by Eric4280
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2