• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears Release Starting LT Charles Leno

Seltzer

6 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I think the colts have plenty of cap left. Most players tend to go to teams that they have some connections to. The last guy, Kyle Fuller to Denver (Fangio).

You're probably right... Fitterer should still vet the situation out

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-charles-leno-20210503-tkjxs5xbyvfutmr3lkgxceksqy-story.html

Has 93 Consecutive Starts in 7 Seasons.  Being cut b/c of salary cap considerations.

2020 PLAYER GRADES

NSE SNAPS PLAYED
10669th
PENALTIES
6T-13th
SACKS ALLOWED
5T-12th
EDGE
OVERALL                  

Hope Fitterer is on the Phone Now.  We have the cap to get it done 

dj meow GIF

4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Go get Leno and let’s end the Greg Little experiment. The dude is trash and has very little motivation. I would also cut Erving. He’s another guy that never lived up to the hype coming out of college. Funny that both Little and Erving were two guys coming out of college that I thought would be legitimate left tackles in the NFL. The other? Ereck Flowers. Man, I suck at scouting LTs. 

Erving has a place as a backup and can play multiple positions on the line.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

The dude is trash. I would sign Leno. Keep Brady and Trenton Scott as my backups for both tackle spots. Cut Little and Erving so a young guy and future starter like David Moore can make the team. 

I guess he was not trash enough to play and start on the super bowl winning KC team when injuries happened that year. He can play multiple positions on the line not just left tackle. There is a place for him. I thought his contract was way too much and I don’t want him starting but injuries happen every year.

keeping Erving doesn’t mean we can’t sign Leno. Little needs to be cut though. That guy is an absolute bust.

Great. The draft weekend is a single day past and Huddlers are still waiting for the starting LT who should have been on the roster by now.

There were 2 OTs available when Carolina opted for a CB in round 1.

There were 5 OTs available when Carolina opted for a WR in round 2.

So, yeah, there were a few opportunities to get a high-quality starter before round 3.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Exactly.  Way too much of a risk to go into the season without another option.

I've read though that Leno's college coach is now with the Colts who also need a LT and they are the favorites to sign him... one can hope though

yea he will sign with the bears. Panthers already have like 4 different players who might start at LT. 

I believe totally that christiansen can be the guy, but I've never been a fan of throwing a rookie OL out there without much experience. Rookie OL wear roller skates and they are going to get outsmarted by vet DL across from them. Pick up Leno and use him as a buffer until....

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

The dude is trash. I would sign Leno. Keep Brady and Trenton Scott as my backups for both tackle spots. Cut Little and Erving so a young guy and future starter like David Moore can make the team. 

Just out of curiosity did you pick your own screen name?  

• Beer 1