Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Bears Release Starting LT Charles Leno


Recommended Posts

29 years old.

Sign him to a one year deal, let him get a longer deal after that with another team when the cap goes up again.

Hopefully by year two our 3rd rounder will be ready to start after a year old learning as a backup.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Would be a nice pickup for Darnold. He’s not elite but he’s very good. 

True... and Christensen might be great... just a tremendous amount of risk not to have someone you know can start at LT to begin the season.

I would much rather have a dependable and proven guy like Leno (who has started every game over the last 7 seasons) even with a lower ceiling as an option than just rolling with Cam Irving, Trent Scott, Greg Little, etc. and hoping we can make do.

Best case for everyone is that Christensen is able to lock down the LT spot... that's a huge ask for a 3rd round rookie though

This is a tremendously improved roster outside of the glaring question marks that remain at LT and QB.  And addressing LT will help QB

  • Pie 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Exactly.  Way too much of a risk to go into the season without another option.

I've read though that Leno's college coach is now with the Colts who also need a LT and they are the favorites to sign him... one can hope though

Fug the colts, they can have Little.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I think the colts have plenty of cap left. Most players tend to go to teams that they have some connections to. The last guy, Kyle Fuller to Denver (Fangio).

You're probably right... Fitterer should still vet the situation out

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-chicago-bears-charles-leno-20210503-tkjxs5xbyvfutmr3lkgxceksqy-story.html

 

Has 93 Consecutive Starts in 7 Seasons.  Being cut b/c of salary cap considerations.

 

2020 PLAYER GRADES

NSE SNAPS PLAYED
10669th
PENALTIES
6T-13th
SACKS ALLOWED
5T-12th
EDGE
OVERALL                  
74.6
 

Hope Fitterer is on the Phone Now.  We have the cap to get it done 

 dj meow GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

True... and Christensen might be great... just a tremendous amount of risk not to have someone you know can start at LT to begin the season.

I would much rather have a dependable and proven guy like Leno (who has started every game over the last 7 seasons) even with a lower ceiling as an option than just rolling with Cam Irving, Trent Scott, Greg Little, etc. and hoping we can make do.

Best case for everyone is that Christensen is able to lock down the LT spot... that's a huge ask for a 3rd round rookie though

This is a tremendously improved roster outside of the glaring question marks that remain at LT and QB.  And addressing LT will help QB

Go get Leno and let’s end the Greg Little experiment. The dude is trash and has very little motivation. I would also cut Erving. He’s another guy that never lived up to the hype coming out of college. Funny that both Little and Erving were two guys coming out of college that I thought would be legitimate left tackles in the NFL. The other? Ereck Flowers. Man, I suck at scouting LTs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Go get Leno and let’s end the Greg Little experiment. The dude is trash and has very little motivation. I would also cut Erving. He’s another guy that never lived up to the hype coming out of college. Funny that both Little and Erving were two guys coming out of college that I thought would be legitimate left tackles in the NFL. The other? Ereck Flowers. Man, I suck at scouting LTs. 

Erving has a place as a backup and can play multiple positions on the line.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Erving has a place as a backup and can play multiple positions on the line.

The dude is trash. I would sign Leno. Keep Brady and Trenton Scott as my backups for both tackle spots. Cut Little and Erving so a young guy and future starter like David Moore can make the team. 

Edited by Trainwreck
  • Poo 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...