• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets Rookie Zach Wilson Compliments Sam Darnold, Calls Panthers "A Great Team"

KatsAzz

15 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Week1

I believe the Bears bring Fields along slowly and go with Andy Dalton for awhile. Starting Fields in the season opener would mean his first NFL game would be against Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey and the fearsome entity known as the L.A. Rams defense, which was the top-ranked defense in 2020. 

14 hours ago, SBBlue said:

I hope Burns gives Wilson a nice warm welcome to the NFL.

It will not only be Burns, the Panthers have multiple players who can get to the point of attack quickly and considering the improvements made to their secondary in recent weeks, the front seven should get more time to do the expected damage.

The Jets improved the GM position, coaching staff and finally drafted the big dogs on the line.....all of that was subpar crap when they drafted Sam.  They are rebuilding the right way now, they set up the BYU kid to succeed, minus the inevitable growing pains.

What pisses me off is, they had no business drafting a young QB in 2018, Sam or anyone, after not drafting quality linemen in the first three rounds in 10 years.  What kind of of professional football organization is that inept? Then they draft a young, raw QB with the least experience in the position in the last three drafts. 

Joe Douglas is doing it right this time, but Sam was the casualty of wasting his rookie contract surrounded with nothing.  They need every draft pick and money they can get.  I don’t think this is the same old Jets, unless the idiotic owners get involved.

• Pie 2

To be honest the Panthers should curb stomp the Jets Week 1. Their roster is garbage and they are starting a rookie QB. Panthers defense should eat with all those pass rushers. If they can score 20+ it shouldn’t be close. 

• Pie 2

Wish the the gloves would come off much more, I can not wait til someone answers this question like " They suck and I wouldnt let the head coach sip on my ball sweat even if he was about dehydrate to death ". Sick of the PC fluff the other team answers. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Wish the the gloves would come off much more, I can not wait til someone answers this question like " They suck and I wouldnt let the head coach sip on my ball sweat even if he was about dehydrate to death ". Sick of the PC fluff the other team answers. 

When that happens it gives the other team bulletin board material. Wilson already knows better, we have a formidable pass rush and he does not want to get destroyed in his first NFL game. 

Not really sure he can call out the Panthers for sucking when he plays for the dumpster fire Jets.

Edited by PootieNunu

7 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

When that happens it gives the other team bulletin board material. Wilson already knows better, we have a formidable pass rush and he does not want to get destroyed in his first NFL game. 

Not really sure he can call out the Panthers for sucking when he plays for the dumpster fire Jets.

I know, still feel it would help the sport. I loved when Ramsey poo talked QBs, he was right and wrong about them. Im just done with robot answers and every team has great/super ______ . If the team/players suck on a NFL level, why is it wrong to say that? Guess Im in 90s wasslin mood tho....

Edited by Basbear

On 6/1/2021 at 7:51 PM, hepcat said:

To be honest the Panthers should curb stomp the Jets Week 1. Their roster is garbage and they are starting a rookie QB. Panthers defense should eat with all those pass rushers. If they can score 20+ it shouldn’t be close. 

I would be totally on board if it weren’t week 1.  I’m sure there are many blowouts that contradict this bu the NFL is designed for parity and usually (no stats to back this up so purely anecdotal generalities in this statement) week 1 seems to have more teams playing down to the competition.  Still should win but it might be closer than it should be.  

just my .02

3 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I would be totally on board if it weren’t week 1.  I’m sure there are many blowouts that contradict this bu the NFL is designed for parity and usually (no stats to back this up so purely anecdotal generalities in this statement) week 1 seems to have more teams playing down to the competition.  Still should win but it might be closer than it should be.  

just my .02

We will not be playing the 2020 jets.  New coaching staff, new left side of the oline, new receiver, new defensive players.  They have been active in FA and appear to have done well in the draft.  

The 2020 jets beat two winning teams last year.  We beat none. 

We can not sleep on this game.  They are coming in with something to prove. We need to bring our A game.

That said, I want to blow them out.  I want Darnold  to hang 350 on them and CMC  to rush over 100 yards.  I want Burns to give Wilson a nice welcome to the nfl hit and defense to shut them down.

• Pie 2