• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

June 1st (trade and cut transactions) rumors

Leotiger

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You don't have to make up any new reasons why Sam sucks. You have to make up reasons why he won't suck here. We'll all know soon enough what he can do here, but you're basically saying that being grounded in reality has grown old around here.

Being grounded in reality is fine. But there’s also such a thing as beating a dead horse. If you ever post on mobile, I assume your phone already has your Darnold takes memorized. 

Maybe you are right. Maybe you are wrong. But you’ve been saying the same poo about him for quite some time now. It’s just predictable and boring. 

Oh, and speaking of “making up reasons” you pretty much made up the reason Anderson would allegedly get cut. “If we cut him it’s cause he doesn’t want to play with Darnold. I’m not saying these rumors are true, but if they are, that’s probably why”

That’s all nonsense you’ve made up because you don’t like Darnold. Fair enough. But don’t tell me about being based in reality. That’s a possibility, but it’s very unlikely one.

• Pie 8

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

Might be on to something. Kind of crowded here. He'll be the 3rd or 4th option now.

Panthers fans have been downplaying Robby since he was signed, and I always told Huddlers that he is better than given credit for on this forum. I think he proved that, despite playing with a QB who in no way played to Robby's strengths, at all. I seriously doubt that he'll be a 3rd or 4th option, and I also doubt that there's any validity to these whispers--more akin to voices in someone's head--unless we're getting someone of note in return, as it makes zero sense. If nothing else, next year he'll garner us a third round compensatory pick, and we'll be throwing that away by releasing him.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Difference in opinions are going to happen. It’s what helps keep conversations going on this board. As long as fans aren’t cheering or hoping for bad fortune on our players or team I’m ok with it. Hell I’m pretty skeptical about Darnold myself, but I see enough reason to be hopeful he does great here.

I agree with you. A difference of opinions are just a way of life and that’s what makes discussions worth having. But at this point it really just feels like the same rehashing over and over. One side (the one I tend to agree with) is that the Jets were inept and Darnold was put in an impossible situation as a rookie. The other side is Darnold isn’t good and we will be looking for a QB next year because he just doesn’t have what it takes.

None of this can be validated in either direction until the season starts. But making up poo like “Oh Robby probably doesn’t want to play with Darnold” is just nonsense speculation. And Robby has been pretty supportive of Sam. 

23 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree with you. A difference of opinions are just a way of life and that’s what makes discussions worth having. But at this point it really just feels like the same rehashing over and over. One side (the one I tend to agree with) is that the Jets were inept and Darnold was put in an impossible situation as a rookie. The other side is Darnold isn’t good and we will be looking for a QB next year because he just doesn’t have what it takes.

None of this can be validated in either direction until the season starts. But making up poo like “Oh Robby probably doesn’t want to play with Darnold” is just nonsense speculation. And Robby has been pretty supportive of Sam. 

Yeah I understand. He seemed pretty clear about thinking Robbie would stay more than likely. It would be odd if he was SEEKING a trade after being united with his old QB, but that’s not the case. I think there are a few trolls on here that have some of us on edge. The Sizzles and Trainwrecks constantly talking bad about Darnold and the team can be pretty frustrating on a Panthers Fan Forum... 

5 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I can see a possible trade of Robby, he has good value as a 1000 yard reciever on the last year of his contract, if we have no intent on resigning him, and we can use his current value plus cheap last year of contract to levy into some serious value for us, then it makes sense.  That said, i dont believe we are going to move him, he'll be here this next season.

I’m sure We will get a comp pick for him if he is not resigned …. Also based off d Hopkins deal (tho I blame bill for that) and the rumored 2nd round pick for jolio .. comp pick might be higher then what an actual team will give up for Robby …. I’d like him on the team this year after that he probably gone.. the Mitchell, his age and the amount of money he will demand in resign …. 

my theory he stays with the team does about as good or better then we don’t sign him because he wants bigger money deal. then goes to free agency without a lot of takers and signs back to Carolina for market to below market deal …

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Being grounded in reality is fine. But there’s also such a thing as beating a dead horse. If you ever post on mobile, I assume your phone already has your Darnold takes memorized. 

Maybe you are right. Maybe you are wrong. But you’ve been saying the same poo about him for quite some time now. It’s just predictable and boring. 

Oh, and speaking of “making up reasons” you pretty much made up the reason Anderson would allegedly get cut. “If we cut him it’s cause he doesn’t want to play with Darnold. I’m not saying these rumors are true, but if they are, that’s probably why”

That’s all nonsense you’ve made up because you don’t like Darnold. Fair enough. But don’t tell me about being based in reality. That’s a possibility, but it’s very unlikely one.

I said it's most likely Robby plays here this season. The keyword you missed in your leap to conclusion was the big "IF".

9 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

I’m sure We will get a comp pick for him if he is not resigned …. Also based off d Hopkins deal (tho I blame bill for that) and the rumored 2nd round pick for jolio .. comp pick might be higher then what an actual team will give up for Robby …. I’d like him on the team this year after that he probably gone.. the Mitchell, his age and the amount of money he will demand in resign …. 

my theory he stays with the team does about as good or better then we don’t sign him because he wants bigger money deal. then goes to free agency without a lot of takers and signs back to Carolina for market to below market deal …

This final year should be what we need to develop Shi Smith and Marshall. If either one is looking legit, then we let him walk no problem. Hopefully get a comp you stated and let Robbie go get paid elsewhere. 

59 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

south park beat a dead horse GIF

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Might be on to something. Kind of crowded here. He'll be the 3rd or 4th option now.

Yep, he was the #2 option for a very safe and accurate QB last year.  He put up good numbers.  He is in the last year of his current deal.   His next contract will be tied to his performance this year. 

This year he will be the #3 receiving option for a QB that has a lot of developing to do.  

Liking Sam the human….doesn’t mean Robbie thinks he is in a great spot presently.   His numbers should be worse this year.   

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep, he was the #2 option for a very safe and accurate QB last year.  He put up good numbers.  He is in the last year of his current deal.   His next contract will be tied to his performance this year. 

This year he will be the #3 receiving option for a QB that has a lot of developing to do.  

Liking Sam the human….doesn’t mean Robbie thinks he is in a great spot presently.   His numbers should be worse this year.   

Or better if Sam is more aggressive in his downfield throws. With his speed he could be a threat from anywhere on the field. HIs TDs may go up and that is the number that gets you paid.

They aren’t going to release a WR that ranked 10th in the league in catches and 15th in yards.  

And the fact this same receiver only scored 3 TD’s (82nd in league) and only averaged 11.5 yards per catch (79th in league) demonstrates perfectly why the change from “check-down Teddy”to any NFL caliber QB with a live arm should have RA dancing in the street for this contract year to start!

• Beer 1