• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas on Sam Darnold: 'He's the Quarterback That We Need'

The veteran tight end believes Sam Darnold is the answer.

So far, it seems like new Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold has been impressing his teammates with his work ethic, the way he demands the huddle, and so on. 

Last week, running back Christian McCaffrey complimented Darnold saying, "He's very sharp and I think that's something that's very exciting early. Obviously, he's very talented and he throws a great ball but his decision-making has been very good. He's smart, he knows where to go with the ball. He's confident. I love how everyone is responding to his urgency."

Wednesday afternoon, tight end Ian Thomas had a chance to speak with reporters and echoed some of the same sentiments but even went a step farther in his praise for Darnold. 

"It's been pretty good. Sam is a great quarterback. He's a great guy, he does everything right, he wants everything to be perfect and I think that's the quarterback that we need."

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/ian-thomas-on-sam-darnold-hes-the-quarterback-that-we-need

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

The veteran tight end believes Sam Darnold is the answer.

So far, it seems like new Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold has been impressing his teammates with his work ethic, the way he demands the huddle, and so on. 

Last week, running back Christian McCaffrey complimented Darnold saying, "He's very sharp and I think that's something that's very exciting early. Obviously, he's very talented and he throws a great ball but his decision-making has been very good. He's smart, he knows where to go with the ball. He's confident. I love how everyone is responding to his urgency."

Wednesday afternoon, tight end Ian Thomas had a chance to speak with reporters and echoed some of the same sentiments but even went a step farther in his praise for Darnold. 

"It's been pretty good. Sam is a great quarterback. He's a great guy, he does everything right, he wants everything to be perfect and I think that's the quarterback that we need."

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/ian-thomas-on-sam-darnold-hes-the-quarterback-that-we-need

Go Sam!

Just getting in the thread before the "Darnold sucks" guys show up.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

Go Sam!

Just getting in the thread before the "Darnold sucks" guys show up.

He sucks.  But he's ours so he's also the answer.  Or he's not the answer  and he doesn't suck.  Or he sucks and so does the coaching staff.  Did I miss something?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wait, you mean everybody's not trying to get out because we traded for Darnold? 🤔

Rhule actually said something similar in one of his recent post OTA pressers. He said Darnold doesn't even want to have one bad rep in practice.

Bad reps are going to happen to everybody, but that kind of perfectionist thinking is nice to see.

I mean how do we know it's not Darnold dressed up as Thomas saying these things?

• Pie 3

The answer? If the question is who can lead us to a franchise QB?

Lol... Thomas has real competition now@TE, he's just trying to stay on the team. Who on the team is really going bad mouth S.A.M. at this point. I actually more interested in the ones not saying anything: Robby or for that matter what's Sean Ryan thoughts on the kid, so far?

This that Ted talk....

24 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

The answer? If the question is who can lead us to a franchise QB?

Lol... Thomas has real competition now@TE, he's just trying to stay on the team. Who on the team is really going bad mouth S.A.M. at this point. I actually more interested in the ones not saying anything: Robby or for that matter what's Sean Ryan thoughts on the kid, so far?

This that Ted talk....

You S.U.C.K.!  

You’re right, for once though, no skill player is going to bad mouth the guy who will “Just Give Me the Damn Ball”.

You still suck

Edited by 1usctrojan