• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OTA thoughts and musings - week 3

Zod

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

CMC may need to step up in this area too. He is the leader on offense, he needs to assert himself.

Well we need to be honest with ourselves. If we want to shed basement dweller status we need someone other than our starting running back to be the defacto leader. Across the league for the majority of successful teams who are in the playoff hunt that lands on the shoulders of the qb. We glaringly lacked that last year and you see where it got us.

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Regarding Ian Thomas, Person wrote this yesterday...

Tight end Ian Thomas had what Rhule described as “a tremendous offseason.” But the fourth-year pro from Indiana had a rough start to the team period Wednesday. After Thomas jumped the snap for a false start on the first offensive play, he was pulled from the drill and had to run a penalty lap around the field. Thomas completed it in a deliberate manner that was about the speed of a home run trot. Maybe.

That's...not good 😕

I also saw Thomas either run the incorrect route or not sit in the zone like he should have for a wide open ball.

• Pie 4

18 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I guess he sees the writing on the wall.  Its too bad, I had such high hopes his rookie year.

Me too. But if Thomas is having issues with attitude and work ethic, then we’re better off without him. It’s been four years...if he doesn’t get it by now? 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

I also saw Thomas either run the incorrect route or not sit in the zone like he should have for a wide open ball.

Seems his problems are between his ears more than anything. Like I said he’s a fourth year pro and still making rookie mistakes. Not looking good for his future with the team.

Thanks for the write up Zod!

41 minutes ago, Zod said:

37 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Me too. But if Thomas is having issues with attitude and work ethic, then we’re better off without him. It’s been four years...if he doesn’t get it by now? 

33 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Seems his problems are between his ears more than anything. Like I said he’s a fourth year pro and still making rookie mistakes. Not looking good for his future with the team.

Thanks for the write up Zod!

Its just like a downward spiral...circling the drain.  It's to bad.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, 07579394 said:

Need a offence vocal leader?!Like Steve Smith?

Smitty is my favorite player ever.  I hold him in higher regard than some family members of mine.

That said, there is no one that would be worse for this young team and a psychologically fragile QB than a uber competitive no filter 89 running around practice son-ing everybody.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Well we need to be honest with ourselves. If we want to shed basement dweller status we need someone other than our starting running back to be the defacto leader. Across the league for the majority of successful teams who are in the playoff hunt that lands on the shoulders of the qb. We glaringly lacked that last year and you see where it got us.

Yes, a hall of fame quarterback is desirable. Intriguing analysis.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I totally get your comment but the reality is people in his situation typically have one of 2 reactions - step up and give it all to compete for THIS job, or start focusing effort on your exit strategy.

The guy saw us sign his replacement in free agency and then draft another TE/FB hybrid in the 3rd round - it appears he is moving on based on the observations.  I wouldn't necessarily consider it work ethic or attitude - maybe just finishing up one job while focusing on preparing for the next....not saying it is respectable but might not be a sign of long term character

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

I totally get your comment but the reality is people in his situation typically have one of 2 reactions - step up and give it all to compete for THIS job, or start focusing effort on your exit strategy.

The guy saw us sign his replacement in free agency and then draft another TE/FB hybrid in the 3rd round - it appears he is moving on based on the observations.  I wouldn't necessarily consider it work ethic or attitude - maybe just finishing up one job while focusing on preparing for the next....not saying it is respectable but might not be a sign of long term character

So what there are 31 other teams in the league. His spot here is probably gone, but he could try to show some sort of effort if he wants to get picked up by someone else. 

I guess he is ok with being out of the league and is happy with the money he has made already.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Yes, a hall of fame quarterback is desirable. Intriguing analysis.

Who said we need a hall of famer in order for them to be a leader? And you talking about analysis is rich considering your entire shtick here is dumping on others while rarely offering original thoughts of your own.

10 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

You have to be excited about the defense, but the offensive line is becoming more and more concerning.

Zods not paying too much attention to the lines other than lineup until pads are on.  Which makes sense

Its early.  

• Pie 3