• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer star heart gives out during Euro’s on front of all fans

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I seen were a few people are claiming he recently got his vaccine and this is another bad reaction, I have no idea.

Myocarditis seems to be a real albeit rare reaction.  Especially for the under 30 recipients.   I hope it’s something like that as a full recovery would be likely.   No matter what, hope this guy recovers with no lasting issues. 

God, how horrible.  For this to happen live too... at least he got immediate attention.  It's crazy but sometimes heart issues happen out of seemingly nowhere ...  I hope they're able to get to the bottom of it and he has no lasting risk of another incident.

Hot takes for internet cred in this thread ... disappointing. 

Edited by mav1234

So . . . do the refs in (American) football immediately blow the whistle during a play when someone gets hurt?  No.  They allow play to continue until the ball is down, out of play, etc.  They finish the play.  It could be five to ten seconds.

How is this any different?  The guy got help pretty much immediately, all things considered.  Using something of this nature as an "example" of why a given sport is bad is uneducated at best and idiotic at worst.

I'm glad Erikson got the help he needed and that the outcome was positive.  That is all.

• Pie 5

9 hours ago, klumme said:

Christian is a true gentleman both on and off the pitch. What a weird comment a day after the mans heart stopped and two kids almost lost their father and a wife almost lost her husband. 

Who cares if there is flopping in soccer or not. 

RIght? It's not like it isn't done in other sports...

Truly tasteless comment. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

So . . . do the refs in (American) football immediately blow the whistle during a play when someone gets hurt?  No.  They allow play to continue until the ball is down, out of play, etc.  They finish the play.  It could be five to ten seconds.

How is this any different?  The guy got help pretty much immediately, all things considered.  Using something of this nature as an "example" of why a given sport is bad is uneducated at best and idiotic at worst.

I'm glad Erikson got the help he needed and that the outcome was positive.  That is all.

It isn't different and help was brought as soon as is reasonable.  You're right.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's scary.

But since it's soccer, it took everyone a good 10-15 seconds to realize anything was actually wrong since comically exaggerated flopping is so intrinsic to the game.

not true.....  his teammate immediately knew something was very wrong, he was about to throw the ball to him as he collapsed in front of his eyes. He actually made sure that his tongue was not blocking his airways.....  Yes, flopping is an irritating component of the game, but this had nothing to do with it and players, officials, and medics knew right away.