Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Sam Darnold comes in at No. 19 in Chris Simms' Quarterback rankings


 Share

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean from 32 to 19 is a nice jump. 

What I'm seeing shows him at #23 in the 2020 Simms-rankings and moving up to #19 in the 2021 version.

Others:

Teddy...29 > 32.

D. Lock...25 > 33.

Cam...10 > 20.

D. Carr...19 > 14.

Trubisky...38 > out.

Wentz...6 > 18.

Jameis...33 > 25.

Minshew...30 > out.

 

Who has a better season -- Payton/Jameis or Rhule/Sam?

 

2020 Simms Rankings:  https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-simms-top-40-nfl-165422692.html

 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What I'm seeing shows him at #23 going into 2020 and moving up to #19 going into 2021.

Others:

Teddy...29 > 32.

D. Lock...25 > 33.

Cam...10 > 20.

D. Carr...19 > 14.

Trubisky...38 > out.

Wentz...6 > 18.

Jameis...33 > 25.

Minshew...30 > out.

 

Who has a better season -- Payton/Jameis or Rhule/Sam?

 

2020 Simms Rankings:  https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-simms-top-40-nfl-165422692.html

 

I would have to say Rhule/Brady/Sam over Payton/Winston/Hill

They way people talk about Darnold, I think of Winston.  Talk about a ton of talent combined with bad decision making.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets benched for Hill.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Even back in April after the trade, before the draft he was up on the Panthers:

"Carolina could be one of those teams this year where we go

'Woah.  Where did they come from?'"

The part at the end where Simms discusses Sam's even-tempered demeanor is, in a way, perhaps the most non-obvious but important aspect of Sam Darnold that needs to change. The kid needs to show some fire sometimes. Hell, he needs to show some emotion! Mr. Nice guy who thus far takes losing as just another day at the office is not gonna cut it. He kinda reminds me of Teddy in that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

The part at the end where Simms discusses Sam's even-tempered demeanor is, in a way, perhaps the most non-obvious but important aspect of Sam Darnold that needs to change. The kid needs to show some fire sometimes. Hell, he needs to show some emotion! Mr. Nice guy who thus far takes losing as just another day at the office is not gonna cut it. He kinda reminds me of Teddy in that way.

I know.  I want him to play like he looks here.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't give a poo if he listens to Joni  Mitchel, makes flower bouquets and meditates on the sidelines as long as the offense scores points 

That's fair, but a franchise QB ain't making flower bouquets...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joe Montana is my all time favorite QB.....saw him across the field in the Coliseum and South Bend when he played for Notre Dame, and some with the 49ers, and I loved his calm demeanor as opposed to a damn drama queen QB.  A stoic gamer, who is a leader, and keep the team focused when the game is on the line, is my kind of guy.

one of my favorite moments with Sam was during the Rose Bowl, coming from behind in the 4th quarter and JuJu makes a spectacular catch, started celebrating on the sidelines while under review...Sam told him to cut it out, we were losing and to get his head together.  All the players said Sam’s cool and calm confidence. led to that 4th quarter victory.  He told the team that they were going to win.
 

To me, a real man keeps it together when there is chaos around them.  

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Pie 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

Joe Montana is my all time favorite QB.....saw him across the field in the Coliseum and South Bend when he played for Notre Dame, and some with the 49ers, and I loved his calm demeanor as opposed to a damn drama queen QB.  A stoic gamer, who is a leader, and keep the team focused when the game is on the line, is my kind of guy.

one of my favorite moments with Sam was during the Rose Bowl, coming from behind in the 4th quarter and JuJu makes a spectacular catch, started celebrating on the sidelines while under review...Sam told him to cut it out, we were losing and to get his head together.  All the players said Sam’s cool and calm confidence. led to that 4th quarter victory.  He told the team that they were going to win.
 

To me, a real man keeps it together when there is chaos around them.  

I'm cool with that. Keeping your powder dry is important.

Teddy would smile after a loss and that drove me nuts.  Cam was pissed.  I want someone at least upset when we lose.  I want someone who hates to lose.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He can be our Tannehill but the Titans developed the offense around hiding Tannehill's inadequacies. Why they will never win a ring. A good defense will always expose them. If we can do something similar but be able to adapt to that later portion, he can work. Titans also have a good offensive line and we don't. But 19 is fair and you can't rank him lower than Teddy though. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Manna said:

I hope Darnold hasn’t been David Carr’d by the Jets and can develop into the franchise QB we need. 

He wasn't sacked for over 70 times one season, 60+ times another, and 40+ times 2 other seasons....

....so I'm not worried for Sam or his psyche at this point.  

It's all about Execution of the offense (and the O-Line giving him time to do execute it).

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

He wasn't sacked for over 70 times one season, 60+ times another, and 40+ times 2 other seasons....

....so I'm not worried for Sam or his psyche at this point.  

It's all about Execution of the offense (and the O-Line giving him time to do execute it).

You’re right. I was thinking more along the lines of an organization not doing enough to support their young QB, thus ruining their development. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't give a poo if he listens to Joni  Mitchel, makes flower bouquets and meditates on the sidelines as long as the offense scores points 

Agree 

supposedly Justin Herbert was a reserved introvert and that’s why he couldn’t be a good qb in the nfl and blah blah blah, as if that means you don’t have fire inside you 

So dumb to think that way.
Mcgregor is a “hoorah look at me” type and he almost got his head ripped off by the quieter khabib 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the more pertinent questions should be: 

can he consistently set up his protection at the line

can he stay within the game and not force the ball trying to eek out another first down

can he get better arc on his corner routes

I’m general just play mistake free football for 70 plays a game 17+ times a year

i think he has the high ceiling but to me that means nothing without raising his floor, so hears to that lol

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...