• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Ramczyk Contract

shaq

On 6/30/2021 at 1:27 PM, panthers55 said:

The extension is for the next 5 years and they restructured the 2021 salary hit to lower the amount. The saints always kick things down the road which seems to work for them.

This.

It may be a record contract, but it actually lowers this years cap hit.

Saints operate as if the cap will rise and they design and restructure contracts to kick costs out to future years. 

Its hard for players to demand higher  contracts when you're up against the cap and in fact it allows you to make  Brees the "highest paid" quarterback or Michael Thomas the highest-paid receiver or Jahri Evans the highest-paid guard or Jimmy Graham the highest-paid tight end or even Jairus Byrd the highest-paid safety at the time of their contracts.  They are handsome contracts, but the guaranteed money is not always the "highest" and they are structured to distribute the cap hit to out years.  

20 hours ago, Basbear said:

You are forgetting Paradis and Reddick signed/added years on the contract to lower this years cap number. Its about 13 in dead cap coming for both, plus Boston(around 5ish). You can sign and you know Darnold and Moore want money right now or in 2022. Most teams sign players before the 5th year, just like the recent RT Ram example. Its coming, big big contracts are coming, hide behind that 5th year if you want, they want new deals before it. 

We do not know the roll over, I think its safe to place the value around 5. Weird math, carry the one...... about 35-43 million, hence my 35-ish comment. If the reports are true about Moton wanting top overall tackle, you people can sign off and support that.. Im going to pay Moore, Burns, and god Im hoping to Darnold a insane amount too. Moton doesnt fit in my formula.

Gotta give you credit kid. You've found a hill, and you're ready to die on it. Never give up, Never surrender. Defend that hill until you die. Minstrel's shall write songs of your struggles. Children will hear the stories of the fan who didn't want Moton. Your name shall go down in infamy. "All hail @Basbearhe did not die well."

23 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Actually very, very true.... and it makes no sense why we do stuff like that in Charlotte. I mean Teddy has been a back up his entire career at the most important position and has zero arm strength, the Hornets sign Batum and turn around and sign an arguably worse contract in Gordon Hayward immediately after...Like we never learn our lessons, its sickening. Its sad when super average fans look at our moves and say they are awful right away and it always is true.... Embarrassing honestly. 

How do you win Rookie of the Year and get voted to the Pro Bowl from the bench?

We took a risk on Bridgewater. It didn't work. We moved on.

21 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

How do you win Rookie of the Year and get voted to the Pro Bowl from the bench?

We took a risk on Bridgewater. It didn't work. We moved on.

And its not just a "mistake" it was an embarrassing move and got a man fired. Heck, he should have been fired just for thinking Teddy deserved more than back up money, little lone what we did.

38 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

And its not just a "mistake" it was an embarrassing move and got a man fired. Heck, he should have been fired just for thinking Teddy deserved more than back up money, little lone what we did.

Hurney's management methods from the 1990s got him fired.  He was not a good manager, which is why he was fired twice and isn't one now.

Fit>>> Hurney 2.0 > Hurney 1.0 == 💩

So I was thinking maybe the saints get burned by not having cap space roll over.

Nope.  We have about the same roll over.

The more I learn about this, I think the Saints do this right.  Maximize salaries, keep good players.  Restructure/reduce when you need space.  There' s almost always an nonperforming player or someone willing to restructure.

12 hours ago, stbugs said:

I feel like we discussed this before. Go here: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/2022/

And you’ll see Reddick and Paradis both in the cap list. That $47M cap includes them and Shaq could save us $12M more and $5-10M rollover plus $2M for Thomas gets us to $54-71M. Since only Moton, Anderson (no need to keep him), Donte (won’t be $12M+) and Reddick (won’t be close to $15M+) aren’t in our 2022 cap, that sure seems like an easy job to keep Moton, Donte and maybe Reddick. Anderson makes no sense to keep.

The paradis and reddick have 4 more years of signing bonus spread. Its 4 x 1,800,000 for paradis and 4 x 1,002,000. At seasons end all those void, thus hits ALL in 2022. Please click the names- Paradis and and Reddick and see for yourself. It takes away 13 in space for the 2022, no idea why sportac doesnt factor that in their future numbers. It is not just 1,800,000 and 1,002,000. You are smart enough to understand, sorry i can not explain it better. @Toomers can you please better word what Im trying tell stbugs?

Again those salaries are rough and no chance everyone gets paid by the panthers. Plus they are factoring in new TV money and each having their best season. Honestly at first loved the reddick signing then I pull a 700 IQ move and watched his highlights form past season- About 80% of his stats came against no-names/backups/RB/TE and QB held the ball too long and ran into reddick. Again, its you can not pay everyone. Count me out of wanting to play Moton top 5 overall OL money.

I want you to state you 113% agree with 20+ million per for moton.

Moton = Ramczyk and both are >> Williams. You’re willing to throw $15-20M a year on Anderson and Reddick, but not Moton? He’s a lot better than you think and there’s multiple sites that put him in top 3-5. The best young RTs right now are in the NFC South. You are way underselling Moton and guess what, those older RT contracts are meaningless now. Marty needed to extend Moton last year to save money.

Also, Burns doesn’t get “paid” until 2024 and Moore until 2023. We are doing a 2022 cap exercise right? It’s easy to fit Moton in with Donte as well. We don’t need the other two, we damn well need Moton.

I’ll sign Moton and get a comp pick for Anderson and you can have fun with Little, Daley, Erving, Miller, Elflein and the rookies and see if Sam has time to get it to Anderson in 2022.

Not willing, just showing how many good FAs panthers have and number wise. About the only players Im willing to pay are 20+ for Burns and DJ Moore. If Darnold is the choosen one, pay him as well....if its 40 or close to, so be it. I just refuse paying top 5 overall OL money to Taylor Moton. Love him and hes been rock solid, but not paying 1st team all-pro money to a very good player. PERIOD. Tag him for another "bargain" year and figure it out again in 2022. Think about it st, the tag is a bargain this year and even with a 20% increase next year its still a bargain. Contracts for certain spots have gone insane, RT is one of them. 

I would have never called that insane but I’m glad we didn’t sign Samuel for his current deal. I’m pretty sure I said I knew he was going to make money because all those FA WRs were potential franchise tags/extensions and most of them were already off the market.

I just think you are way undervaluing RT versus WR (there’s been so many good draftable WRs the past couple years) and LB and I think you are trying to justify getting rid of Moton by calling him just above average. Our OL is trash without Moton and with the rookies and more OL drafting, we can build an affordable and solid OL.

Samuel got much more in the worst recent FA market. My deal was a bargain before the start of the season. I maybe mis-judging Moton as a player, hes gotten zero awards...yes pro-bowl are trash, still none, no 1st team all-pro etc. Im not going to agree to pay a very good player great top 5 OL money. OL needs rebuilding with or without Moton. He would help, but not while getting top 5 LT money. Just NO.

Ive been right about CMC, Shaq, Teddy vs Winston, Samuel.....Im right about not wanting to spend 20+ million on a very good RT. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:50 PM, Basbear said:

I ask you the same thing as Madwolf

Sam Darnold, DJ Moore, Taylor Moton, Brian Burns, Donte Jackson, Hasson Reddick, Robby Anderson.

I forgot to mention, theres only 35-ish million in space for 2022.......SOooo think about that when picking and what the market value is. Who are you paying and where would rank Moton form that list? Try to be real in terms of contracts, 35 million is truly tiny.

Goodluck paying Moton 18-22 million per and paying Sam 40+, DJ Moore 20+, Burns20+, Jackson 12+, Anderson 15-20, Reddick 15+. Maybe call Mickey Loomis for some tips, idk bro....

The problem with picking and choosing players and then showing all the average amounts per contract is that the way contracts are structured and spaced out they can all be fit under the cap if done correctly. For example Moton will be done this year and will be cheaper no matter the contract in 2022 and likely 2023. Darnold is signed through 2022 and with a new contract in 2023 he will be relatively cheap given the signing bonus serves as the primary salary. And so forth with each guy. As the Saints showed the cap can be manipulated in a number of ways and isn't the problem it is made out out to be.

Edited by panthers55

On 7/1/2021 at 3:21 PM, iamhubby1 said:

Gotta give you credit kid. You've found a hill, and you're ready to die on it. Never give up, Never surrender. Defend that hill until you die. Minstrel's shall write songs of your struggles. Children will hear the stories of the fan who didn't want Moton. Your name shall go down in infamy. "All hail @Basbearhe did not die well."

Children_Beating_Up_A_Child_Meme_Maker.thumb.jpeg.7394f98462b0601482b8ac232d933f59.jpeg

16 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The problem with picking and choosing players and then showing all the average amounts per contract is that the way contracts are structured and spaced out they can all be fit under the cap if done correctly. For example Moton will be done this year and will be cheaper no matter the contract in 2022 and likely 2023. Darnold is signed through 2022 and with a new contract in 2023 he will be relatively cheap given the signing bonus serves as the primary salary. And so forth with each guy. As the Saints showed the cap can be manipulated in a number of ways and isn't the problem it is made out out to be.

Yea thats the good part in that the first couple years there beneficial cap space, agreed. Then you start paying 20+ million or cut him and take 20+ million in dead space. Very simple- I do agree with paying a very good player at a lesser than average important position top 5 LT money.