• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans now indicate Deshaun Watson is available for trade

Zod

29 minutes ago, joemac said:

We are ABSOLUTELY a QB at the level of Deshaun Watson away from challenging for the division right now. 

If we had Cam in his prime right now, we'd be talking SB aspirations if the OL could simply be average. Our offensive weapons are elite. Our D is young and talented.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Actually sounds like we may have to play against him in week 3 if the NFL isn't acting until this is settled. At least the rest of their team sucks.

We beat the Watson-led Texans in Houston the last time we played them and that was when their team was actually good.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Word to the folks hoping to get him at a reduced price:

Good luck with that.

Albert Breer reports that Nick Caserio is "determined" not to offer any sort of discount for a Watson trade.

Also being reported that the Texans are not in any hurry. They're willing to be patient and wait for the offer they really want. 

He’s full of poo. Just playing the game.

I remember when he wasn’t ‘trading the player’.

Watson is a PR nightmare. Unless he’s totally cleared, you’ll have protests at your stadium, Every fan at every game will boo him, you can’t use him as the face of your franchise, he might be on the commish list for the year, will other players respect his leadership, and who knows if this ordeal will affect his play.

Dude could be a franchise killer just as easily as he could make them better.

• Pie 3

To start there is much to unpack in all this. In possibly giving up three firsts as an intro to negotiations I would need to have some assurances there will be no more lawsuits or unnecessary distractions waiting around the corner. Also the elephant in the room is will he end up disgruntled here too? He has said he wanted to be involved in decisions in Houston is he going to get that kind of pull here after us giving up a haul just to acquire him? The new management here in Carolina don't have a great track record so far with handling delicate situations with their starting quarterbacks. They will need to go out of their way to appease Watson. You can't go anonymously mouthing off to the media on this one if you hit a bump in the road.

6 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Absolutely you trade for him if you're Carolina. lol at the people wringing their hands at the "PR nightmare." You know what cures that? Winning. Who cares what losers like Florio and the rest of the detached-from-reality sports media might say?

Winning may cure it for some men, it doesn't necessarily for women. If we were talking about 1, maybe 2 incidents, then yeah, it might be able to be brushed aside. We're talking 22 different women making allegations. If it does turn out to be true and Watson is putting on a Panthers uniform, I won't be watching. I don't care if he wins. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Now I rooting for Darnold double-fold.  Obviously I want the team to succeed, but I really don't want to be part of a organization that preaches equality, zero tolerance for sexual harassment and then goes out and hires the poster-child for such offenses.  Hypocrisy is only one of the many words that come to mind.

• Pie 5

I'm pretty much in agreement with many in this thread. I would love to have Watson, but certainly not at the price being discussed in the media.

We chose our hand when we choose Darnold over Fields. Now, we've got to play it out and hope for the best.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think we're "desperate" by any stretch.

Nor do I buy that the "David Tepper will pay any price" stuff was ever true. But since we now know Tepper doesn't influence football decisions, it doesn't really matter. Though mind you, I'm sure some of our dimmer bulbs will probably haul that stuff out again. 

The way some fans here look at Tepper rivals Chuck Norris Facts for level of silliness. 

I agree, but to be clear, I was relating the desperate men comment to those driving up the price--not the panthers.  I also think the Texans are being a bit ridiculous if these reports are true. 

I would also like to point out that TOM BRADY would have sucked in NY (Jets) last season.  That was the worst run franchise I have ever witnessed. 

So hold Darnold to that standard and close your minds now if that is how you process things, but a 24-year-old in that situation should have struggled.  And here is a newsflash for you gloom and doomers:  It could take Darnold a few games to get into a groove.  This ain't Madden.

28 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Winning may cure it for some men, it doesn't necessarily for women. If we were talking about 1, maybe 2 incidents, then yeah, it might be able to be brushed aside. We're talking 22 different women making allegations. If it does turn out to be true and Watson is putting on a Panthers uniform, I won't be watching. I don't care if he wins. 

Yep and remember at least one of the women isn't just accusing him of a rub and tug, but actual sex that she says was NOT consensual, but she was too scared/intimidated to stop it.  That's rape, period.  Sure, let's make him the face of our franchise after the League smacks him on the hand.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 5