• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

The first trade down we made in the draft allowed the Bears to grab OT Teven Jenkins. He has yet to practice for them.

The rookie tackle hasn’t practiced all training camp. Concern is warranted. It’s high time someone with authority speaks up.  https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2021/8/10/22618709/chicago-bears-training-camp-teven-jenkins-back-injury-justin-fields-ryan-pace-clarity-nfl-2021

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Agree on the Jets, and us, to a certain extent.

I think PJ and Grier are "hungry" players, which Rhule seems to love, but I agree, would love to see an "Alex Smith" type in there or similar, although I think that Sam probably knows how to "be a pro" he just hasn't learned the finer points of being a Quarterback.

I would like to say that it's Training Camp. The Jets can't hide Wilson, there's nowhere he can hide. Unless they want to do private practices, folks are going to see him play.

I may suck for the kid, but he still has to ride it out. Sam rode that ride, and came out the other side just fine.

As to that bolded part? I was just thinking about that. How much help would a Vet QB actually make? A few suggestions here and there? This is Sam's 4th year. He IS the Vet QB.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

The first trade down we made in the draft allowed the Bears to grab OT Teven Jenkins. He has yet to practice for them.

Yeah he was fine in rookie camp but is battling back issues. Apparently he had bouts like this in college as well. 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, markbm62 said:

I’m really starting to feel sorry for Wilson, he really needed to go to a different team

I think he was a bad SUPER BAD fit form NY environment. Jets should have taken the SF loot gave for moving to 3rd. 

If NYC was smart, they hired a personal 24/7 assistant for Wilson. Give him a better chance, other than nothing. 

feels like Brent farve all over again....wilson needs a GB...

Edited by Basbear

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

I think we’d be saying this for any QB who wound up there. 

It may be the premier NFL QB graveyard right now.  The kind of place that could have ended the careers of Montana, Elway, Marino, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Mahomes in three years or less.  It takes effort to be that dysfunctional.

Wilson may have made a better career move approaching the church about a mission, once the Jets drafted him.  Spend a year in exile, let his draft rights with the Jets expire, and try again next year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

33 minutes ago, Varking said:

Yeah he was fine in rookie camp but is battling back issues. Apparently he had bouts like this in college as well. 

could be why we didn’t take him. right now, it looks like a smart move. in a position like his, having back issues before you even join the league does not bode well for a long, prosperous career.

Edited by Mother Grabber

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It may be the premier NFL QB graveyard right now.  The kind of place that could have ended the careers of Montana, Elway, Marino, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Mahomes in three years or less.  It takes effort to be that dysfunctional.

Wilson may have made a better career move approaching the church about a mission, once the Jets drafted him.  Spend a year in exile, let his draft rights with the Jets expire, and try again next year.

I think people were projecting when they scouted Wilson.

They wanted to see Mahomes because he freelanced, but he doesn't have the arm, instincts or football knowledge of Mahomes. That guy is a once-in-a-lifetime talent and looked it in College. 

I think Wilson has the physical tools to be a success in the NFL, but they need to shackle him with a simple system until he finds his feet - if he ever does. 

• Beer 1