• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meanwhile in other camps...

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I would like to say that it's Training Camp. The Jets can't hide Wilson, there's nowhere he can hide. Unless they want to do private practices, folks are going to see him play.

I may suck for the kid, but he still has to ride it out. Sam rode that ride, and came out the other side just fine.

As to that bolded part? I was just thinking about that. How much help would a Vet QB actually make? A few suggestions here and there? This is Sam's 4th year. He IS the Vet QB.

Exactly he had his vet QB when McCown was around in NY.

He needs a QB Coach to fix his footwork, not a friendly vet QB backup to lean on for advice. Thankfully he's got that now. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Exactly he had his vet QB when McCown was around in NY.

He needs a QB Coach to fix his footwork, not a friendly vet QB backup to lean on for advice. Thankfully he's got that now. 

I get having a Vet for a young QB. But Sam is basically the Vet QB now. Like I said. How much can another QB help him at this point? A handful of times a year? 

I get having a back-up that can win you a few games here and there. But I am not sure Sam needs a Mentor at this stage of his career.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

I get having a Vet for a young QB. But Sam is basically the Vet QB now. Like I said. How much can another QB help him at this point? A handful of times a year? 

I get having a back-up that can win you a few games here and there. But I am not sure Sam needs a Mentor at this stage of his career.

The only thing he needs right now is a qb coach and Joe Brady in his ear 24/7.  Something he's never had.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

I think we're going to get to see how Teddy and Sam do this year both in charge of new teams.

https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1425565756226297857?s=20

The coaches have said the preseason results are going to determine the battle and that’s it’s been 50/50 in camp this far. Lock gets the first start. Teddy will get the second. Teddys experience should have him taking the job from turnover prone Lock but they have been rotating good and bad practices. It’s not a good look for either guy. 

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only thing he needs right now is a qb coach and Joe Brady in his ear 24/7.  Something he's never had.  

Exactly on the button. Sam has been killing it since the pads went on. Talent+Coaching=Success. And I for one am as giddy as I have ever been for a season to start. I tell ya what.

• Beer 3

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Exactly on the button. Sam has been killing it since the pads went on. Talent+Coaching=Success. And I for one am as giddy as I have ever been for a season to start. I tell ya what.

I wish Zod and the rest were able to give us more info from training camp like times past, but what I have seen has me giddy as you say

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I know right?  I just can't wrap my  mind around that.  They mortgage the team's future by spending a 1st, and three  2nd round picks to trade up 3 spots for a QB to "save the franchise", but don't bother to pay for a QB coach for your new rookie QB.  Its mind boggling. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Zach Wilson is and always was a nonstarter for me. The flavor of the month! I always thought Trey Lance was the better option, and I'm sticking to it.

The more interesting question is whether we passed up on a potential franchise QB in Fields. By most accounts, he's looked pretty good so far. Darnold has as well. As long as they're on similar trajectories, we're good. As long as Horn balls out, we're good.

• Beer 2

43 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Zach Wilson is and always was a nonstarter for me. The flavor of the month! I always thought Trey Lance was the better option, and I'm sticking to it.

The more interesting question is whether we passed up on a potential franchise QB in Fields. By most accounts, he's looked pretty good so far. Darnold has as well. As long as they're on similar trajectories, we're good. As long as Horn balls out, we're good.

Zach Wilson is going to get destroyed in the NFL

• Beer 1