• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are STILL interested in Deshaun Watson

Zod

On 8/4/2021 at 7:33 AM, mrcompletely11 said:

"Per a league source, the Panthers quietly are keeping an eye on Watson. "

This is about as vague as you can get.   I would bet dollars to donuts nobody is trading for Watson until the league makes a move on him.

I could see Tepper and Fit moving if we give a 1st and a late round pick next year if we found secure him and keep Darnald. Other than that I doubt we touch him unless the texans down right release him.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Snake said:

But what exactly is the crime? I'm guessing solicitation of prostitution but that's all I can think of. Still each count carries max 5 years so he could serve time for it.

If true - according to several complaints there is much much more than solicitation. I am not sure where you got that idea.

And since this is my field, the FBI is investigating extortion, not Watson, which the feds will often take if it’s interstate and/or conveyed electronically (and this seems to be both), because of the complexity and varying degrees of laws between states and the lack of communication and cooperation there would be not only between states but also in gathering evidence from such entities as websites, email accounts, phone/cellular tower records which are extremely difficult  for one state to obtain for a variety of areas (essentially the fact the crime did not occur in what could be defined in a central location).

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

If true - according to several complaints there is much much more than solicitation. I am not sure where you got that idea.

And since this is my field, the FBI is investigating extortion, not Watson, which the feds will often take if it’s interstate and/or conveyed electronically (and this seems to be both), because of the complexity and varying degrees of laws between states and the lack of communication and cooperation there would be not only between states but also in gathering evidence from such entities as websites, email accounts, phone/cellular tower records which are extremely difficult  for one state to obtain for a variety of areas (essentially the fact the crime did not occur in what could be defined in a central location).

I got that idea because you could actually prove that in court. A DA isn't going to pick up a case on he said she said and you believe the woman. I'm pretty sure you could convict that he was trying to solicit sex. Yes there are other claims but like I said solicitation is a federal crime. 

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

To translate, FBI involvement is about possible extortion by a woman against Watson. The action was not even initiated by Watson's team purportedly. So stop jumping to conclusions. It's just another twist in the saga.

That would be a huge twist and I would like to see him prove extortion as well. Definitely an interesting case.

9 hours ago, Snake said:

But what exactly is the crime? I'm guessing solicitation of prostitution but that's all I can think of. Still each count carries max 5 years so he could serve time for it.

This is currently a civil case, not a criminal case.

A criminal case, however, can stem from all of this.