• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good Ole Waiver Wire - Your Friend and Mine

Zod

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't see the CB need.Bouye being suspended 2 weeks is something they already knew. As a veteran who's considered extremely knowledgeable and versatile it's not the end of the world and he has the extra time to heal up.

I could see a tackle that let's us move on from Little. Any usable tackle would do.

Honestly, I could see us move on from Little with what we got. I see Erving and Scott ahead of him at LT, and probably Daley as well. Moton and Christensen at RT. Do we need 6 tackles on the active roster?? I think not.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Icege said:

No love for Josh McCown? 👀

Surprised that KJ Wright hasn't been brought in to be worked out given his ties to Fitterer. Wouldn't mind DJ Swearinger getting a looksie as well to be that enforcer at SS

That would also open up THE POSSIBILITY of moving Chinn back to LB if needed due to injury. 2 birds, 1 stone.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Icege said:

No love for Josh McCown? 👀

Surprised that KJ Wright hasn't been brought in to be worked out given his ties to Fitterer. Wouldn't mind DJ Swearinger getting a looksie as well to be that enforcer at SS

Again, a great fit. If I'm not mistaken he still lives in Charlotte.

27 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

Question - is the team good enough that the Panthers should be willing to burn a 1st rounder next year for a competent LT?

Simple answer is no, not even close.  They need every pick they can get to continue to build this thing.  They are better from the outside looking in but that doesn't guarantee anything.  They still have to play the games.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

We got Teddy B instead of playing Grier which may have gotten us a couple less "wins". 

We didn't have to full out tank for Herbert, he was in reach had we not signed TB for all that money.

That's why I bring up Herbert as a mistake. Marty went to Oregon during CV19 to go see Herbert and we didn't make moves to get him.

Your timeline seems to be a bit jacked up.  We signed Teddy last year, during the same offseason that Herbert was drafted.  Signing Teddy had zero impact on our 2020 draft position...that would have been the Kyle Allen season.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

Question - is the team good enough that the Panthers should be willing to burn a 1st rounder next year for a competent LT?

The team is not even close to good enough.

The only circumstance in which we are trading a 1st for a left tackle should be one that is our starter for the foreseeable future. And, in that scenario, one first may not be enough to get it done.