• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there anything worse than moving?

Brooklyn 3.0

I recently changed neighborhoods in BK. I gotta say ... systematic racism, having your peen sliced open by a knife-weilding psycho, the holocaust, Wal-Mart, Trump, having someone pour AIDS in your coffee, wildfires, Coldplay, Drew Brees' mole, Google Jim Bob Cooter, pooping your pants as an adult, TMZ, mumble rap, and maybe even for sure people who vape ... ALL of that has NOTHING on moving.

1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:

Moving your own stuff sucks. Movers are pretty cheap though.

Can be pricey but just have to find the right peeps. Just moved my 2bd condo in Chicago for ~800.  

It took such less of a toll compared to the past where I decided to rent a truck, save the slot for the service elevator, and take forever with a few friendos.  Moving indeed is the worst.

• Pie 1

I don't know...driver's education class?  Watching a loved one die slowly of dementia?  Making polite small talk with a Falcons fan who is your boss?  Burning diarrihea? Not in order. 

Moving is definitely in the top 5 worst things ever.

We tried using pods since there was a week between leaving the old house and moving in.  That SUCKED.  You still had to load and unload all your stuff.  My wife and I survived that, it was just exhausting.  

Next time, especially since we think our next move is out of state - we're hiring movers.  I'm 41, and I'm too old to do this crap again!

I haven't moved myself since 1982. Pay a moving company.

One of my best moves- 1992 just before I retired from the Navy when they asked where I wanted to go, I told them NC. So, they pack up everything I own in San Diego and tell me it'll be 10 days before it gets to NC. Best 10-day cross-country road trip ever. Just me, my car, some clothes & stuff and my bike. Back in the days of road maps and $19.95 rooms at a clean Motel 6.

Edited by Anybodyhome

8 hours ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Last year I moved nearly everything I owned by myself in the middle of July heat. I had two days with a borrowed truck, and one day with an extra set of hands. I moved everything else via a Toyota Camry. 

My takeaway was that it is misery and its probably the best way to build muscle that I've ever come across.

Yeah, I grossly underestimated how much we had when I hired movers. They could only move what I paid for of course. I also rented bins from them for the small stuff. 20. Turns out I needed 40, lol. So for three days after they moved the large stuff, I rented an SUV and moved everything else. Four floor walk-up too. No elevator. No help. All my fault, yes ... but damn it was a bad time. My wife is too swamped with work so not only did I pack everything, but now I'm unpacking everything myself. But yeah ... I lost weight and got all my muscles rewoken.