• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One position group you’re confident about… one group you’re terrified about

TheBigKat

Confident: Defensive Line, has the makings to being possibly one of the best in the league and studded with first round talent. Big Baby Brown is going to bring pressure and command double teams, Burns/Reddick will be double digit sack guys

Terrified: LB, this unit looks like a mess. With Sewell off the board I wanted Parsons. Carolina has been the closest thing to Linebacker U with studs like Greene, Mills, Morgan, Witherspoon, Davis, Beason, Kuechly. 

right now our best LB and most expensive defender is a rich mans version of James Anderson

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Confident: Darnold and the Oline.  Mostly because I know choosing that will trigger people.

Terrified:  CB's and Safeties, Horn in particular.  I think our expectations are little high for a rookie corner.  I think he'll do well but  this first year is going to be rough.

• Beer 2
  • The D 1

Concerned about oline specifically LT and LG. As mentioned also LB but I hope the d-line and secondary are strong enough to “hide” some of the LB issues. In 2020, when Whitehead was benched for Carter the LB play  was “adequate” so hoping for at least the same this year. Also concerned about PK-Slye. 

confident in WR, TE, secondary and D-line. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Confident: Defensive Line, has the makings to being possibly one of the best in the league and studded with first round talent. Big Baby Brown is going to bring pressure and command double teams, Burns/Reddick will be double digit sack guys

Terrified: LB, this unit looks like a mess. With Sewell off the board I wanted Parsons. Carolina has been the closest thing to Linebacker U with studs like Greene, Mills, Morgan, Witherspoon, Davis, Beason, Kuechly. 

right now our best LB and most expensive defender is a rich mans version of James Anderson

James Anderson was better than Thompson tbf.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Confident: non-QB offensive skill positions

Terrified: OL

That's more or less where I am.  I am pretty confident in the DL, too.  I'm originally from Missouri, so the OL needs to "show me" before I will accept the idea they have improved enough.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

You feeling good about the TE situation? We should be set at RB and WR for a few years still. 

Honestly, yeah. There's been enough positive reports about Arnold and Tremble that I feel pretty good about TE. Are they gonna re-create prime Greg Olsen? Highly doubtful but I think we're decent there. It's the weakest link of our non-QB skill positions, but IMO that's more about our strength at WR and RB than it is a glaring weakness at TE.

9 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s hard to be confident in the WRs when we have no idea what we’ll get from the QBs. DL is gonna eat tho 

I'm confident that our WRs are very good. If they're held back by the QB and/or OL, that's not on them. All they can do is run their routs and catch the balls that come their direction and I'm confident in them doing a good job of that.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, yeah. There's been enough positive reports about Arnold and Tremble that I feel pretty good about TE. Are they gonna re-create prime Greg Olsen? Highly doubtful but I think we're decent there. It's the weakest link of our non-QB skill positions, but IMO that's more about our strength at WR and RB than it is a glaring weakness at TE.

I’m trying to let my hype not build too soon for the TEs yet but I’ve been happy with what I’ve read.