• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still Want to Upgrade -- Via Trade??

SetfreexX

The big question is what, and or who, would we give up for a tackle?

Are there any WR needy teams out there that have excess tackles? Would they want Robby Anderson? Our receiver corp seems pretty damn deep this year, a guy that's good isn't going to make the final roster cuts, so maybe he's a pawn in the trade. 

Could we also be looking at dealing our first or third next year (we don't have a second)?

We

Demand

Answers

• Pie 1

We're deep at veteran WR.  And our rookie WR Terrace Marshall looks like a stud that could (and should) handle more playing time.  So I'd guess the trade would be a vet WR for an LT.  

Maybe the Panthers will combine two problems into one:  trade Robby Anderson and let him do a contract extension with his new team ?

But what NFL team has so many competent LT they can afford to give one up ?  

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Please no bandaid trades. Only make a trade if it's for a player who is in the long-term plans.

Agreed. I hate using trades for short term fixes.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the staff really doesn't want to move Taylor Moton unless they have to.

Moton himself seems fine with the idea, but I think the coaches worry about it being a "robbing Peter to pay Paul" situation.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Damn. The GM straight up saying, "we think we can do better than the guy we've got."

That's a refreshing departure from hearing about the answer being on the roster.

Even though that's the guy he himself signed... Bit of a double-edged sword there. I think there were better options out there like Reiff that really didn't cost much more than Erving. 

Regardless though we're here now and let's see how things shake out. Hopefully these risk/reward OL signings pan out.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A 35 year old OT feels like the definition of a bandaid.

I recall the same being said about Andrew Whitworth... Depending on what we'd have to give up I still think it could be an intriguing option. Could even slowly groom Moton to take over on the left side once he retired/moved on and then have Christensen at RT.