• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Penei Sewell

CAPantherFan

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I just meant in terms of him struggling early.  It obviously is not the final word on his career, I expect he'll still be good.  Just saying I'm surprised that 1) they switched him to RT, and 2) that he is struggling at all.  Just didn't expect it, but he's got plenty of time.

They switched him to RT because they already have a pretty good LT who is young on the roster. 

2 minutes ago, BlueOnBlack said:

Not saying the kid is a bust, but I think the Horn pick will work out better for us. Makes me wonder if we really would've chosen him if he was available at #8? Something tells me we wouldn't have?

If we passed on Fields AND Sewell for a CB at 8, I might have actually cried. They can justify Fields because they invested in Darnold, but a LT of Sewell’s caliber when we have Erving penciled in is inexcusable.  

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I just meant in terms of him struggling early.  It obviously is not the final word on his career, I expect he'll still be good.  Just saying I'm surprised that 1) they switched him to RT, and 2) that he is struggling at all.  Just didn't expect it, but he's got plenty of time.

Hes below drinking age, hasnt played close to two years, and learning a new spot in a totally new environment. Hes behaving like a rookie, not surprising going against 280Lb man-beast vets. Just me but I do not judge ANY rookie til the start of the 2nd full off-season(unless cut or 1st/2nd team all-pro). There were reports of him being immature in interviews and at college, idgaf. Part of the reason for me thinking he would be at 8, was loins had a good vet at LT, but like DLmen you can not have enough good OLmen either. Loins are like the Jets about players not wanting to be drafted by them, sorta ruin careers given the history......(but new people are in charge at both, so it could change like it did for browns....just took 20+ years...). 

• Beer 1

It's obviously WAYYY too early to pass judgement on Sewell. But it's interesting that our 3rd round pick that is also being asked to play RT after playing LT his whole career seems to be playing a fair bit better than Sewell in the preseason. At the very least, that's gotta make you feel good about drafting someone you can say that about when Sewell is supposed to be a generational talent. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

It's obviously WAYYY too early to pass judgement on Sewell. But it's interesting that our 3rd round pick that is also being asked to play RT after playing LT his whole career seems to be playing a fair bit better than Sewell in the preseason. At the very least, that's gotta make you feel good about drafting someone you can say that about when Sewell is supposed to be a generational talent. 

Christensen isn't going against starters.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Varking said:

They switched him to RT because they already have a pretty good LT who is young on the roster. 

Which is frankly hilarious. Nothing says success like drafting a position you already have a really good starter at, then changing the draft picks position. All while having serious holes everywhere in your roster.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Lots of insight here.  I must have been drunk and missed the entire 2021 season.  Thanks for catching me up on how the rookies performed. 

fire abandon thread GIF

Hey man, Madden picked us to lose in the Super Bowl, so things aren't all that bad.