• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

need a Kicker?

Captain Obvious

11 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

His name is....Harrison Butker and it still makes no sense to me that Gano and his salary was kept. Harry-But is only the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY!! 

there was a thought at the time that he just didn't have the body to survive in the nfl; that a strong breeze would kill him

and i mean i get it. he's a lanky dude. i saw him kick at georgia tech and he looks weird as hell out there

14 minutes ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

His name is....Harrison Butker and it still makes no sense to me that Gano and his salary was kept. Harry-But is only the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY!! 

Anybody with a brain knew what the right call was.  Unfortunately, we had Ron Rivera and Marty Hurney at the helm.

When you mismanage a team for years and years and years...this kinda thing is just part of it.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Captroop said:

My read is that it was intentional. It seems like Slye has a confidence issue, so I think they were trying to give him a confidence boost that he was going into the season unchallenged as the starter to see if taking the pressure off would help cure his case of the shanks.

And by all accounts it did not seem to have that effect.

If Rhule, and the Panthers brain trust, really did this, they are dumb as rocks, seriously 

the nfl is always about pressure, performance under pressure, who can withstand it and perform at high level and who can’t 

there aren’t any ‘participation awards…not for kickers or for second year head coaches 

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

We will stick with Slye which is dumb as hell. Pinero definitely isn’t the answer, there is a reason he keeps getting cut.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Coach TempleBaylor will sit tight

Rhule did not sound vey happy with him after the last game. Sounded  rather ominous.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1