• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

8 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I guess that it's the cost of doing business. 

I just hope we don't see his production tail off like it did last season after week 4. If so, it could start early and we could be regretting this. Perhaps it is structured to have most of the guarantee for this season and the rest is just New Orleans-style imaginary money.

His decline was directly related to Teddy not willing to uncork the ball as the season progressed IMO.  At some point, management (as well as fans) got tired of seeing Robby & DJ open down the field with Teddy not throwing.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Wow this is an amazing deal for both sides. I didn't think we'd get him to agree to anything less than 3, but this is perfect for us. Sets us up nicely to use that extra cap to extend Burns and DJ and when this contract is up we can lock up TJ if he is who we think he'll be. 

Excellent deal, great job Fitt

Edited by jb2288
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Why are people freaking out, it's a two year deal, and we have DJ in his 4th year now, we have his 5th year picked up, and IF ABSOLUTELY NEEDED the franchise tag. 

DJ isn't going anywhere, this is set up to let Robbie play and transition to a DJ & TMJ led WR core in 2023. 

I don't understand how anyone cannot see this is clearly the plan and sets up amazingly for us if TJ pans out. How can people be upset with this? The whole point of us rebuilding and starting from scratch with our cap is to make moves like this. Unbelievable. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, CAPantherFan said:

Panthers & Robby Anderson have agreed to a two-year extension, league source confirms. 

Some details on numbers, per source:
$12.5m in 2021 (added $4.5m)
$13m in 2022
$12m in 2023

$20.5m guaranteed.

Essentially a three-year/$37.5m deal ($12.5m AAV)

dumb and dumber GIF

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Why are people freaking out, it's a two year deal, and we have DJ in his 4th year now, we have his 5th year picked up, and IF ABSOLUTELY NEEDED the franchise tag. 

DJ isn't going anywhere, this is set up to let Robbie play and transition to a DJ & TMJ led WR core in 2023. 

Deals impact other deals.  Deals impact who ultimately stays and goes. 

I'm a DJ guy.  Said before this deal occurred, I wanted them to address DJ first and foremost.  He is the dude. 

Worth noting, DJ isn't a Rhule guy or a Fitterer guy.  Which often matters in the NFL.  

and of course, then there is the whole "freakout" narrative.   Lots of people can disagree with stuff.  It doesn't mean furniture is being flipped.  It's just sports.  Bitching about stuff is half the fun of professional sports. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Yeah and if TMJ doesn't work out, we regroup and keep Robby or draft someone else. So much flexibility with this deal. Also, can likely jettison Robby in the last year of his deal with relatively little impact if we decide to move on.

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Remember that when the Panthers are trying to sign OL   this off-season. Putting it on this year, or next year, means it’s gone either way. Doesn’t matter what year it hits. It’s money they don’t have anymore. 

Just like signing Teddy and his great contract. Or Boston. Or keeping KK. Or Weatherly…etc..

Think those contracts would have been better spent on an OL or two. Not bottom feeders like Erving and Elflien either. 

This is exactly why I don’t like it. I mean it’s not horrible or crippling but we really need to address this oline. It would’ve been nice to use that money there instead of Robby when we have cmc, DJ and two extremely promising rookies in shi and terrace for next year. We are absolutely stacked with weapons. Everyone bitches about the oline but then we drop 20 million in gauranteed to a wr.

im guessing we’re still signing DJ. But if we don’t because of this it’s an absolutely horrendous signing.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1