• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like Stafford not wanting to come to Carolina is the reason he wasn't traded to the Panthers.

jayboogieman

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I think that was something that was suspected at the time. It sucks for us as a franchise that we missed out on a potential franchise QB but I don't blame any long term veteran QB for not wanting to come to a rebuilding team. The Rams are built to win now, we are building to be that team in a few years. 

It is what it is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 7

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think that was something that was suspected at the time. It sucks for us as a franchise that we missed out on a potential franchise QB but I don't blame any long term veteran QB for not wanting to come to a rebuilding team. The Rams are built to win now, we are building to be that team in a few years. 

It is what it is.

Yep. I know there are a lot of people here thinking the Panthers could get into the playoffs this season, but I think it'll be at least another season before that happens, probably two seasons. The Oline and QB are still question marks. So is kicker. Honestly the Oline worries me more than the QB does. Beyond that the defense has holes still and depth in general is a concern.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

His loss then. With him and this defense core and weapons we would probably be a playoff team as soon as this year. Then aggressively fix the OL after this season and we're really not far from competing. 

Not his loss. The Rams are a lot further along than the Panthers and are a lot more ready to compete. He made a good decision for himself at this point in his career. As Sho'nuff stated, it is what it is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Not his loss. The Rams are a lot further along than the Panthers and are a lot more ready to compete. He made a good decision for himself at this point in his career. As Sho'nuff stated, it is what it is.

Yeah, and if the Rams do not win it all in the next year or 2 they are going to be a hot mess.  They don't have a first round pick for like the next 10 years and they have a lot of vets on big contracts.  Its now or never for them.  Their window is firmly open for the next couple of years, but after that things could get rough for them. 

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

We'll see. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Rams don't win a SB this year and then by 2022 we are consistently better than them (depending a bit on our QB situation). A lot of the moves they've made over the years have been recipe for disaster down the line if they don't win a SB very damn soon.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1