• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade for a Kicker...

SetfreexX

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

It sure does feel good to finally have a GM who sees a weakness, like we do, and he goes out and gets a guy to fix it or just gets rid of the weakness for value.

It is so refreshing to have a guy who, when national reports come out about a player being available that could improve our team, we know will have us in the mix for him.  I dont think we've ever been one of those teams.  Our previous GMs were so incestuous/neptotistic they rarely ever looked for outside help and it feels ike even if they did, players felt we were such a poorly run organization it would hardly ever pan out.

Fit is different.  Tepper needs to slide his brass balls statue over to Fit's office.

I wish we would get away from bringing in so many Temple/Baylor guys though.   Probably got close to a dozen of them right now. 

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wish we would get away from bringing in so many Temple/Baylor guys though.   Probably got close to a dozen of them right now. 

I agree..  but if they can play, they can play.  Pretty sure thats gonna be taken care of on final cuts.  I expect maybe 5 or less on the active 53.  Off the top of my head, Reddick is a baller no matter where he played, and I really like Sam Franklin's potential.  Other than that, most of his other college guys can gtfo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

More I look at this kicker….the more I think it is just a motivational ploy and Slye is the guy. 

new kicker has never made a NFL FG.  Last kick he made was back in 2015….where he had a worse FG % in college than Syle does in the pros.  And Syle has circus kicks impacting his %. 

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

More I look at this kicker….the more I think it is just a motivational ploy and Slye is the guy. 

new kicker has never made a NFL FG.  Last kick he made was back in 2015….where he had a worse FG % in college than Syle does in the pros.  And Syle has circus kicks impacting his %. 

Maybe he's there to literally scare him?  Have you seen the size of that dude?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Time and distance from Rhule’s tenure there will stop that. As for now, if you have to fill out the bottom of the roster with JAGs, go with the JAGs you know. At the very least, we’ll know that they’ll be good locker room guys.

• Pie 2

only thing I can think of in regards to the kicker….is maybe he is an intended PS stash for covid? 

he is one of those rare guys who punts and kicks.  So if our P or K had a covid issue they  have one guy they could insert either way for a week.   

• Pie 1