• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Agree 

Cam supposedly isn’t vaccinated.    He would not be happy in a backup role.  He will never be what he once was.   He is high media maintenance 

it was time for him to retire at the end of the season but it seems really hard for  pro athletes to accept that their bodies are finished 

I wish him the very best in his life and I thank him for making Sundays during NFL season exciting and the Panthers relevant.  Most of all,  for his charity work.

Forever grateful that I got to meet him.  

He'll probably have a long career as a media personality too. I'd rather see that than what is currently going on.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CanePantherHornet said:

He'll probably have a long career as a media personality too. I'd rather see that than what is currently going on.

Cam would be great on TV.   He has a TV face and smile.  All the personality and then some. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, t96 said:

Jones does and will suck ass. But Cam was never the answer for the Pats, Belichick had to do something at QB and as soon as he drafted Jones that high it was just a matter of time before he was starting.

I hate Belichick too but I think he did Cam a favor. It's not all that unlikely that Bill told Cam he was going to be the backup and Cam asked to be released. It's MUCH better than being traded to some sh*thole situation that he didn't want to go to.

While that is certainly a possibility, it still just sucks for him.  He's been done dirty by both organizations.

35 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And I told you all that Mac Jones was the real deal--and you laughed at me--nay, you scoffed.  You showed me pictures of his body and called him a system QB, but I stood firm.

Who is scoffing now?

scoff the thick of it GIF

With you this this…Jones is a player

• Pie 1

If anyone thinks PJ Walker gives this team the best chance to win they need a lobotomy

We are also heading into a season of unknown with Darnold

You bring Cam back as a backup and stop with the drama of "will he accept"? We/Carolina need to accept that he is still honestly better than Darnold and with these weapons he can be downright nasty

Peppers flat out left because he wanted a bigger market, Moose went after the top money. If those legends can come back to Carolina and contribute, there's no reasoning Newton who was released can't come home

Flame away but NFL is a business about winning, Cam returning to this organization in some capacity gives this team a better chance at WINNING

Edited by TheBigKat
  • Poo 9

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam would be great on TV.   He has a TV face and smile.  All the personality and then some. 

I enjoyed Cam as a player here in Carolina and I can appreciate his commitment to his personality, style, and brand but his mouth moves faster than his brain and I don't think he would work on TV.

With that being said...there are worse media personalities on air right now than what he would be.

Edited by zacka77ack