• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

If Mac won the job he wouldn’t have been playing significant time in the preseason, let alone never playing with the first team throughout preseason, cam isn’t vaxxed and that didn’t sit well with the team ultimately, gotta respect there decision based off ramifications of a outbreak occurring 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Now do Darnold.

Darnold hasn’t been in the league long and had an incompetent coaching staff around him. Darnold had no offensive line, no wrs and no RB. Cam had a good offensive line and RB Corp. average to below average WR Corp and a great coaching staff that has experience and a winning record. They have made back ups look good in their system. The difference between cam and Darnold is potential and age. Cam has already hit his prime   and had lots of wear and tear on his body. Darnold hasn’t hit his prime yet and is younger than some rookie qbs. It’s possible that Darnold could become a good player with the right staff around him to teach him. It can take a few years for a QB to develop into a good player. Many teams give up on QBs too early in my opinion. You already know what you are going to get out of Cam. There is a lot of concern that his arm isn’t even close to the same as it was before his injury a few years ago. Can with a messed up shoulder is a back up at best.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Apparently the Cowboys are a possible option.

Maybe.  Cam might want to be in Dallas and the spotlight there, even for a backup is quite bright.

Otherwise, Houston and their cluster makes sense if they are not gonna play Watson

9 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Sorry for your lost.

And thank you for the respectful reply to my question.

I understand how vaccines stimulates your immune system to produce antibodies in order to fight off an infection. They are your bodies defense against germs. 

My system question was if Cam has already had Covid and his body has already produced antibodies, wouldn't that immunize him just the same? 

Studies are showing that antibodies are still being produced/viable in the body between seven and nine months later after infection. Those studies also show drop offs after that time, but I don't believe we've had enough time to unequivocally say when the immunities completely disappear. We just know they weaken over time and it's likely they are slightly less strong against variants.

That being said, I lost my first cousin yesterday morning to Covid. He was just a year older than me, but otherwise medically the same. He'd had his first dose of the vaccine but was three days shy of getting the second shot when he caught the virus. He spent three agonizing weeks in the hospital and his final three days intubated. He left behind a wife and two kids (both in their early 20s). He was the picture of health, happy and beloved. Now, he's gone.

Get your shots. It might be more than a football career you lose.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Darnold hasn’t been in the league long and had an incompetent coaching staff around him. Darnold had no offensive line, no wrs and no RB. Cam had a good offensive line and RB Corp. average to below average WR Corp and a great coaching staff that has experience and a winning record. They have made back ups look good in their system. The difference between cam and Darnold is potential and age. Cam has already hit his prime   and had lots of wear and tear on his body. Darnold hasn’t hit his prime yet and is younger than some rookie qbs. It’s possible that Darnold could become a good player with the right staff around him to teach him. It can take a few years for a QB to develop into a good player. Many teams give up on QBs too early in my opinion. You already know what you are going to get out of Cam. There is a lot of concern that his arm isn’t even close to the same as it was before his injury a few years ago. Can with a messed up shoulder is a back up at best.

You can't seriously type this after also typing what I previously quoted. I couldn't read the rest due to distraction from the loud screeching of moving goal posts.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

People pooing this are telling on themselves…

What are they telling...they they feel a moderator jumping into a thread from a moderators position you judge posters and shame them for not feeling the same? Save that bull for the alt account.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Ready 2 Win said:

What are they telling...they they feel a moderator jumping into a thread from a moderators position you judge posters and shame them for not feeling the same? Save that bull for the alt account.

Telling on yourself for both the pickle riding and for having alt accounts all in one thread? Damn. You're on a roll.

• The D 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Tell that to Tom Brady who hightailed it out of town when he saw the Patriots roster he was going to be working with in 2020.

There’s a lot more to it than that. If I remember correctly they didn’t want to keep Brady. There were a lot of tensions between Bill and Brady. Pats didn’t have the cap room or roster to build a great team like Tampa was able to build. Pats figured Brady was done and it was time to find his replacement, have a crappy year, draft a good qb and build another dynasty.  You can say that Brady was the reason behind the pats success not Bill and you would have a good argument. I don’t think the pats would have won as many super bowls, hell maybe not even one Super Bowl without Brady. However I do think Bill is good even if he cheats. It was his brilliant coaching that shut down opposing offenses and came up with schemes to beat the other team.

12 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Sorry for your lost.

And thank you for the respectful reply to my question.

I understand how vaccines stimulates your immune system to produce antibodies in order to fight off an infection. They are your bodies defense against germs. 

My system question was if Cam has already had Covid and his body has already produced antibodies, wouldn't that immunize him just the same? 

Ty.  She was a wonderful lady.  A retired surgical nurse who died before vaccinations were available    She died alone. Our family could not be with her   I don’t want anyone else to go through this 

there are many articles on your question. I will share one of the smaller ones 

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/are-you-immune-after-getting-covid-can-you-be-reinfected-is-there-a-reason-to-get-the-vaccine/65-1677374f-41fa-4ae3-8363-93825de79725

the short answer is people who have had Covid can get It again as their  protection wans just like vaccinated people at about one year.  If they get vaccinated, it helps protect them more and longer 

if you think back on Trump and his wife and son who all got Covid, and Trump received treatment the rest of us could only dream of, to help him recover, still he, his wife and son, still got vaccinated in Jan 2022 and he had COVID in Oct 2021 

think about it  

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't seriously type this after also typing what I previously quoted. I couldn't read the rest due to distraction from the loud screeching of moving goal posts.

Maybe you should have because you would have seen that I wasn’t moving the goal post at all, just pointing out the differences.