• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

Cam's plight is not Coach Rivera's fault...never has been

It certainly was.  He used and abused him for his own gain.  He never had newtons best interests in mind ever.  When Newton was used up Ron could not hide his crappy coaching any longer.  That is a fact.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Belichick says vaccination status had nothing to do with Newton's release. Breer believes him.

I'm not entirely certain whether I do 🤔

I don’t think a team can say they dropped a player because of that. I believe that’s a violation and they will be investigated for that if they do. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Jon Snow said:

It certainly was.  He used and abused him for his own gain.  He never had newtons best interests in mind ever.  When Newton was used up Ron could not hide his crappy coaching any longer.  That is a fact.

your opinion only, not a fact

i agree to disagree on this one

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

But the funny thing is, most people outside of the fanbase know "Cam" because of a stolen laptop, dabbing, crazy running plays, and his drama ... not what team he was on, not the record that team had, not how good he made the team, etc.

Cam Newton made us the CAMOLINA PANTHERS from day one, and has done nothing but stir up arguments, hate, racism, blind homer loyalty, rage for the team organization, hypocricy from all sides, and all sorts of other crap that takes away from the team.

He took us to the Playoffs (as did Jake) and we will go back again. But I for one will be happy to enjoy the CAROLINA Panthers again, enjoy the team again, enjoy this board again. The polarization Newton created can finally end ... one day. Hopefully next season. Go Panthers.

Football Nfl GIF by Carolina Panthers

Yeah, dabbing, that’s why he won the MVP,  and for several years before injuries,  was ranked by his nfl peers in the top 10 players in the NFL along with millions in charity raised and given away 

He isn’t the one stirring up controversy   Fans own prejudices do and I’m not talking about only race .  

I would submit that there  are far worse literal crimes and criminals among NFL players than not fitting the conformist mold of what a QB should be 

but cheer up, Darnold checks every box in lacking controversy unless you count the over use of ‘yeah’, ‘like’ and ‘you know’ in his interviews   He should fit the non controversial  mold just fine   

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Cam getting beat up was largely due to him being a great runner and so so passer.

Most of the biggest hits he took in his career were standing in the "pocket" behind a porous OL.

For such a "so so passer" I would've expected some of the receivers he played with to break out and show their worth elsewhere. Shockingly enough, virtually all of them had the best years of the careers while playing with Cam. Interesting.

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I don’t think a team can say they dropped a player because of that. I believe that’s a violation and they will be investigated for that if they do. 

Yes.  Just read something this morning that the NFLPA is "investigating" Jax head coach for comments that non vaccination would play a role in who makes the roster.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

Jaguars just released a statement basically saying….Urban didn’t mean what he said.   

yeah, BB saying it that is just the proper coach lie they must say when the spotlight is on it

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeehhh, I think it's pretty fair to say that Ron Rivera's coaching had a lot to do with how badly Cam got beaten up.

It was more than just Ron, blame also goes to our previous 2 GM's trotting out people like Bryon Bell, Nate Chandler, Matt Kalil, to protect his blindside more than anything that got Cam beat up . Cam played best when he had designed runs and defenses had to account for that.

Some blame can also go to Cam has he had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the pocket instead of the check down which he started to use more frequent in the latter portion of his career here. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, RenoCarolina said:

Cam posted right away on Instagram to "not feel sorry for him" but I can't help it.

I loved the excitement and attitude he brought to the franchise and the dude works his ass off.  I hope his career continues, and soon.

I don't feel sorry for him. This is the way the NFL goes. It's called the "Not For Long" league for a reason. He did himself zero favors choosing not to get vaccinated. That certainly didn't help his cause in NE and it certainly won't help his cause as a FA. Cam has made millions upon millions of dollars and he should be set for life several times over. I don't think he's someone to feel sorry for. 

But yeah, I'll still defend him from baseless allegations and from the trolls who begrudgingly cheered him on when we were winning and gleefully threw shade at him when we weren't.

• Pie 2