• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson trade now as unlikely as ever...

SizzleBuzz

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Not being a dick, genuinely asking, who has been placed on it without criminal charges or video evidence of a potential crime?

Giants kicker Josh Brown. He didn't face criminal domestic violence charges but the NFL's investigation landed him on the commissioner's exempt list anyway. I'm pretty sure Saints' LB Jonathan Vilma had his bountygate suspension overturned by arbitration and Goodell was like fug that, to the exempt list you go.

The way it's written, they can exempt list damn near anyone for "conduct detrimental to the game" and how are you gonna fight that? Who determines what that actually means? I would argue that Byron Bell's play in the field was detrimental to the game. Why wasn't he in the exempt list? LOL!

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Giants kicker Josh Brown. He didn't face criminal domestic violence charges but the NFL's investigation landed him on the commissioner's exempt list anyway. I'm pretty sure Saints' LB Jonathan Vilma had his bountygate suspension overturned by arbitration and Goodell was like fug that, to the exempt list you go.

The way it's written, they can exempt list damn near anyone for "conduct detrimental to the game" and how are you gonna fight that? Who determines what that actually means? I would argue that Byron Bell's play in the field was detrimental to the game. Why wasn't he in the exempt list? LOL!

Roethlisberger too

4 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

I dont think they can just sit him indefinitely?  At some point he's gonna file a grievance with the union.

I think he will be gone by week 4 tho...  There's gonna be a team with playoff hopes that loses their starter in the first few weeks of the season that'll be willing to pony up more than what anyones offered so far. 

I was under the impression that he doesn't want to play for them anymore. He'll sit, be quiet, and make his money.