• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting RG on covid list

CRA

1 minute ago, Zack Martin said:

Cowboys will be without All-Pro Zack Martin Week 1 - on COVID list, but he is fully vaccinated.

Was just reading up on this...will be an interesting one to watch.

As a vaccinated player he's eligible to come back after 5 days as long as he is symptom free for 48-hrs and produces 2 negative tests 24-hrs apart.

He tested positive on Saturday so in theory his 5-days would end sometime Thursday before the 8.20pm kickoff...

...seems unlikely but those are the rules/requirements.

Tom Brady said he and both his parents had it earlier this year.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Minny tried Elflein both spots. He sucked at both but I seem to recall him sucking less at OG. Still trying to figure out why we gave a veteran minimum type player a three year contract for real money.

Just found a clip of Rankins running straight over Elf.  Thankfully I don't know how to import it. Don't want to make anyone else sad.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Zack Martin said:

Cowboys will be without All-Pro Zack Martin Week 1 - on COVID list, but he is fully vaccinated ..

Will happen a lot this season .. starters who are fully vaccinated but miss games on the COVID list

Instead of trying to setup an obviously absurd false equivalency in which your premise is that if any players who are vaccinated miss any games that the vaccine is pointless, lets agree that if the majority of the games missed due to COVID list are unvaxxed players, you'll admit you're an idiot who has no clue what he's talking about?

Your whole premise is the kind of thing a third grader can figure out is laughably absurd and your grasp of math and decision making processes are indicative of low intelligence, low information thinking and it's consequences.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The "coaches are always right" crew always ignores the many times over the years that sadly the prevalent Huddle opinions turned out to be more accurate than the roster/depth chart moves.

The same folks will blame all the worlds problems on Adam Gase.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 4

11 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Just found a clip of Rankins running straight over Elf.  Thankfully I don't know how to import it. Don't want to make anyone else sad.

Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) Tweeted:
Last time Sheldon Rankins matched up against Pat Elflein. Good luck Sam Darnold (not really). https://t.co/CNLIurmqzm

https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/1434897931241459713?s=20

Edited by NAS
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It would be ridiculously stupid to rely on a player who has put himself in position to be in and out of COVID protocols all season long. 

Covid protocols/rules are in place for all players -- vaxx status just determines which set of rules one is subject to.

I fully expect the NFL to modify the rules to become more strict on the vaxx'd players...

...for example, un-vaxx'd have to isolate for 5-days and continuously test negative if they are deemed to have been in "close contact" -- vaxx'd players are under no restrictions even if tracing determines they were in "close contact"...

...I expect that loophole will be closed as it becomes clear "close contact" is a big risk regardless of vaxx status.

Falcons & Bucs have both announced a 100% vaxx rate, will be interesting to see how they fare vs. others.

Bucs just got Ndamukong Suh back off the list which he's been on since August 28th (10-days)....3 other Bucs players went on the list the same week as Suh.

Way back on August 8th Lane Kiffin announced that the Ole Miss football program was 100% vaxx'd but he's going to miss their season opener against Louisville tonight because he tested positive...will be interesting to see if it spreads within that program.

34 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

lets agree that if the majority of the games missed due to COVID list are unvaxxed players, you'll admit you're an idiot who has no clue what he's talking about?

This will be interesting to watch.

Over the course of the season on an absolute basis I'd expect the games missed by vaxx'd players to dwarf those of the un-vaxxed...obviously this is a function of high vaccination rates among most NFL teams. 

For example, it's a certainty the Falcons & Bucs will have players miss games during the season but the un-vaxx'd games-lost count will never move off zero (0) because all are vaxxed.

I'm sure the NFL and NFLPA will track it closely and see what the games-lost counts look like on a % basis for the two camps -- will be interesting to see if they release those figures.

@Zack Martin

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I guess you haven't been paying much attention lately. Rip roaring start for your new account. LOL!

To what? Fully vaccinated people have an extremely low risk of falling severely ill or being hospitalized or dying. Again, if fully vaccinated, what's the issue with going out and living life? 

• Poo 1