• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod Almighty's 2021 Carolina Panthers Season Prediction

Zod

I feel like a lot of used motor oil is being served up in beer steins.  

Predictions like that make me wonder why those same people even watch the games. 

I'm not sure at this point, how quickly our oline will gel. I don't feel our line will be as bad as many fear.   I do expect a slow start to the season for the offense.  Luckily our schedule is soft for the first month.  

Keep the turn overs yo a mim, and I feel we'll win those games. Going into October, our oline should be playing as a unit, and our football team.should be playing strong complimentary football.  Much like 2003, we'll win the games we should, and we're going to take a few we shouldn't.  

Winning enough to secure ticket to post season football!!

We have a lot of young talent on this team, should be a fun season to watch them grow together. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I feel like a lot of used motor oil is being served up in beer steins.  

Predictions like that make me wonder why those same people even watch the games. 

I'm not sure at this point, how quickly our oline will gel. I don't feel our line will be as bad as many fear.   I do expect a slow start to the season for the offense.  Luckily our schedule is soft for the first month.  

Keep the turn overs yo a mim, and I feel we'll win those games. Going into October, our oline should be playing as a unit, and our football team.should be playing strong complimentary football.  Much like 2003, we'll win the games we should, and we're going to take a few we shouldn't.  

Winning enough to secure ticket to post season football!!

We have a lot of young talent on this team, should be a fun season to watch them grow together. 

Hear Hear! 

25 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Avast, mateys.  Another crewman for the Good Ship Homer.

This is a fan site.  We have not even played 1 game yet.  The roster is vastly improved over last year.  What do you get out of being a downer before we've even set foot on the field when it matters? Everyone should be optimistic at this point. 

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

This is a fan site.  We have not even played 1 game yet.  The roster is vastly improved over last year.  What do you get out of being a downer before we've even set foot on the field when it matters? Everyone should be optimistic at this point. 

Since bigdavis likes to imitate a Pirate so much, perhaps he'd be interested in being thrown in the brig before being forced to walk the plank? 🤨

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

I feel like 8 wins should be our floor. Especially starting off against the Jets and Texans. We should get an early jump. 

We lost 8 games by one possession or less last year. Put into context, we did that with this reality:

- New coach, scheme, and all issues tied to COVID

- Bridgewater was not making deep throws

- No CMC for most of the year

- No TE production for the majority of the year

- Very poor play in the redzone

- Slye on FGs

- Defense could not execute on 3rd down to save their life

- Defense could not stop the run

- Raw rookies starting in the secondary

We have made strides in each of these areas. Second year with coach and scheme, had training camp and preseason, got Darnold, CMC back, brought in TEs (which will also help in redzone), new kicker, possible emergence of Carter and Luvu, new defensive lineman and pass rushers, and improved CBs. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I feel like 8 wins should be our floor. Especially starting off against the Jets and Texans. We should get an early jump. 

We lost 8 games by one possession or less last year. Put into context, we did that with this reality:

- New coach, scheme, and all issues tied to COVID

- Bridgewater was not making deep throws

- No CMC for most of the year

- No TE production for the majority of the year

- Very poor play in the redzone

- Slye on FGs

- Defense could not execute on 3rd down to save their life

- Defense could not stop the run

- Raw rookies starting in the secondary

We have made strides in each of these areas. Second year with coach and scheme, had training camp and preseason, got Darnold, CMC back, brought in TEs (which will also help in redzone), new kicker, possible emergence of Carter and Luvu, new defensive lineman and pass rushers, and improved CBs. 

Yes.  We are MUCHHHHHHH further along now than at this time last year.  We should be vastly improved in almost all areas of the game.  I just cannot see another middling, 5 win season.  I honestly think we will do serious work this year and be in the run for a playoff spot.  

• Pie 2