• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

showing the Defense some love

BlitzMonster

2 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

All off-season the Huddle has talked up our defense.  And, for the first game, they really came through:

• 6 sacks
  • a beautiful interception by Shaq Thompson
  • solid play for most of the game

Sure the Jets stink and we were playing against a rookie QB.   But the defense did its job.  

Well done guys.  

Well said!

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, BlitzMonster said:

All off-season the Huddle has talked up our defense.  And, for the first game, they really came through:

• 6 sacks

Sure the Jets stink and we were playing against a rookie QB.   But the defense did its job.  

Well done guys.  

The were flying around but seemed to have gotten a bit tired in the 2nd half.  Gotta build on that conditioning.  Was happy to see Nixon get in the stat book as a rookie. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

• 6 sacks

Well done guys.  

I would give them a B- as a whole, that’s one of the worst offensives going into the season with a young rookie QB. 

The players get an A but snow’s soft zone stuff vs. a real offense has me worried. 

• Pie 1

Snow called a good game.  He didn't get soft until later in the game.  We put a lot of heat on Wilson today, including on key 3rd downs.  I don't hate the soft zone when leading late by more than a TD, because it forces the offense to burn more clock.  It just didn't work as well as planned, and we ended up giving up big plays.

The defense played really well overall.  The only bad performance I noticed was Jeremy Chinn just looked lost in coverage.  That was very surprising, because I expected him to be a stud today.

• Pie 2

Reddick, Jones and Fox look like stellar editions. Burns continues to be a problem from the edge (although I wish he wouldn't disappear for stretches) and Brown continues to justify his Draft pick. He allows us to do so much.

Horn had a good day I thought - wasn't targeted much. The TD was just a great throw - that coverage was very good.

Hopeful Hartsfield's injury isn't serious, he's an important piece for us. 

• Pie 1

The defense is young and against great offenses we will struggle, but not today. The gameplan was very good and the execution was inconsistent. Still I would rather err on the side of being too aggressive instead of not enough. I thought Snow blitzing at the end was great to see. Sure we play zone behind it until we get Aboye back and Horn has some game reps. I am eager to see how we match up with New Orleans. Brady the student against the master. You know Brady wants that game.

• Pie 1