• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut kicker Santoso

SgtJoo

3 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

It's actually pretty funny that players on the practice squad get a ring even if they didn't really even play a game for the team lol

I wouldn't call that funny.

I'd call that ridiculous.

To me, those who are on the practice squads are those who DID NOT MAKE THE TEAM.

And those who did not make the team should *NOT* get a ring just because they just happen to be in the organization. 

It basically turns SuperBowl Rings into participation trophies instead of well-earned rewards for battling in the actual game for the victory. 

It's a friggin' joke.

Edited by glenwo2

7 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

This guy right here has SB ring now. Just thought I'd share that fun fact.

This guy got a participation trophy just for being at the right place at the right time....yet he didn't even participate.

Just thought I'd share THAT fun  fact with you.  🙄

I just thought it was entertaining. He's the only player that started as a Panther and ended up as a Super Bowl champion. Like it or not, it's on his resume now. I don't have much opinion on it but like I said originally, just thought I'd share.

Oh and cutting him was the right choice, he just lucked out on his landing spot.

52 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I wouldn't call that funny.

I'd call that ridiculous.

To me, those who are on the practice squads are those who DID NOT MAKE THE TEAM.

And those who did not make the team should *NOT* get a ring just because they just happen to be in the organization. 

It basically turns SuperBowl Rings into participation trophies instead of well-earned rewards for battling in the actual game for the victory. 

It's a friggin' joke.

Practice squad players practice with the team literally all year, sometimes simulating defensive and offensive fronts for the team to go against to better prepare for the week ahead. They are in the same positional meetings taking notes and watching film as guys on the 53. 

They most certainly contribute to getting the team ready week in and week out and are a part of the team, just not on the main roster. By your logic if you are injured before the super bowl and had contributed to every win leading up to it, you shouldn't get a ring. If you are a backup and don't play in the super bowl, then you shouldn't get a ring. 

I disagree. It's not a joke. Those player all help contribute to winning it all in some way shape or form. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Practice squad players practice with the team literally all year, sometimes simulating defensive and offensive fronts for the team to go against to better prepare for the week ahead. They are in the same positional meetings taking notes and watching film as guys on the 53. 

They most certainly contribute to getting the team ready week in and week out and are a part of the team, just not on the main roster. By your logic if you are injured before the super bowl and had contributed to every win leading up to it, you shouldn't get a ring. If you are a backup and don't play in the super bowl, then you shouldn't get a ring. 

I disagree. It's not a joke. Those player all help contribute to winning it all in some way shape or form. 

Actually, by my logic, I was referring to those who never played a single down in a regular season game, let alone playoff game...let alone SuperBowl Game.

If it's that easy to get a SuperBowl ring just for being a tackling dummy in practice, then sign me the f*ck up, Coach.

To quote an OPRAH WINFREY'ism : "You get a SuperBowl Ring....YOU get a SuperBowl ring....EVERYONE apparently gets a SuperBowl Ring!" 🙄

Edited by glenwo2

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Actually, by my logic, I was referring to those who never played a single down in a regular season game.

If it's that easy to get a SuperBowl ring just for being a tackling dummy in practice, then sign me the f*ck up, Coach.

You get a SuperBowl Ring....YOU get a SuperBowl ring....EVERYONE apparently gets a SuperBowl Ring.  🙄

If they helped the team, then why shouldn't they get a ring? It's too early in the morning to be this worked up over something this meaningless.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

If they helped the team, then why shouldn't they get a ring? It's too early in the morning to be this worked up over something this meaningless.

You're right.   At the end of the day, this has nothing to do with the Carolina Panthers.

We suck right now and will continue to suck. 

When's the draft so we can see Fitt trade down a billion times again?

Edited by glenwo2

The Panthers 2021 season began with an inconsistent kicking game. Before Zane Gonzalez, they employed and later cut Joey Slye and Ryan Santoso.

Gonzalez eventually established himself as one of the most consistent Panthers players. He made 20 of 22 field-goal attempts, including his last 17 tries. He was also 22 of 23 on extra-point attempts.

Reports are they hopes to bring Gonzalez back this offseason after a Week 15 quad injury landed him on injured reserve. If they do, then the Panthers should feel confident in their kicking game.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article258257485.html#storylink=cpy

• Pie 1