• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A.J. Bouye

Craig Cartner

For those that didn't notice this, Jaycee played several snaps in the nickel position, not sure if it was due to man assignment, or keep Melvin on the perimeter with Jackson in zone. 

Either way having Bouye back, allows us to feature our FULL compliment of secondary starters at the cornerback position. 

I fully expect the coverage to improve, and facing a back up QB, on what is likely to be a bad team overall is a good point to return. 

I want to keep seeing us beat the teams we should beat, if it's not a playoff QB on the teams we face, I feel like our roster overall is as good, or better than most. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I don't think they will try to fix something that isn't broken. As long as Jackson is playing good you leave him.in there as the number 2. I think they will just bring in aj on Nickel packages unless Jackson has a meltdown.

It's also nice to know we have some solid depth that we can rely on.

To add, Bouye is the nickel, his return won't impact Jackson, this was a point of emphasis in some of the coach press conferences. 

Now will we see him inside / outside sure, and it will be game-plan specific I'd imagine, just like we saw Jaycee in the slot vs NO. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

For those that didn't notice this, Jaycee played several snaps in the nickel position, not sure if it was due to man assignment, or keep Melvin on the perimeter with Jackson in zone. 

Either way having Bouye back, allows us to feature our FULL compliment of secondary starters at the cornerback position. 

I fully expect the coverage to improve, and facing a back up QB, on what is likely to be a bad team overall is a good point to return. 

I want to keep seeing us beat the teams we should beat, if it's not a playoff QB on the teams we face, I feel like our roster overall is as good, or better than most. 

I noticed Jaycee got a lot of work out of nickel as well

• Beer 3

not gonna start a new thread for this because I don't have a link so I'll put it here.  Saw this on another board.

"Horn has only been targeted 5 times and has only allowed 2 receptions for 18 yards through his first 2 games."

Rookie is already close to a shutdown corner.  

DJax is tackling like a fiend, and now add a very good nickel...

things that make you go hmmm

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3