• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chubba Hubbard... Boom or Bust?

Just now, Future of the Funchise said:

It can be Chu Chu Kazoo for all I care. As long as he plays like he did in the second half going forward I'll support him. My favorite thing about him yea he had a slow start and he took some hits, but he protected the ball and didn't fumble once.

Agree…he doesn’t have much power but when he finds a hole he has speed. Need to keep him from dancing and thinking too much.  One cut and go.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I just hope one of our TE s becomes a reliable outlet for Darnold when he feels pressure because of our weak OL.

They sacked us 3 times with 5 qb hits, 3 passes defended and 2 forced fumbles.  I think it is our worst showing yet against the lowest rated DL we've played.   Elflein may have sucked, but if feels like the line as a whole appeard to perform better with him.   I think we did better when Williams was out against a tougher Dline.

TBF I think Darnold was holding onto the ball longer tonight.  We had 117 yards rushing and CMC was only  31 of that, so that is a good sign.

6 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

They sacked us 3 times with 5 qb hits, 3 passes defended and 2 forced fumbles.  I think it is our worst showing yet against the lowest rated DL we've played.   Elflein may have sucked, but if feels like the line as a whole appeard to perform better with him.   I think we did better when Williams was out against a tougher Dline.

TBF I think Darnold was holding onto the ball longer tonight.  We had 117 yards rushing and CMC was only  31 of that, so that is a good sign.

IMO I think Darnold could still wind up like David Car if this season goes bad.  I know he has played fairly well in the last 3 games but he still looks spooked to me and how much he gets hit this season will decide it.  CMC was like a good luck piece for him- well not really luck but by  being CMC - just a given -  he always knew Mac was there to dump off to and was reliable to make a gain out what would be a loss for any one else.  I am hoping CMC's injury isn't long lasting or season hampering cause unless someone else steps up big time on the offense it could well make the difference for Darnold and our team.