• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman makes a lot of sense right now

electro's horse

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

I'd love for it to be true but he had Jalen on the other side not Djax.

Although I like Djax most seem to feel his play this year was because he had Horn on the other side. 

You are truly stupid, you realize if you have an elite player opposite of you that means you will be Targeted MORE not less responding with a shutdown season.

13 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'd love for it to be true but he had Jalen on the other side not Djax.

Although I like Djax most seem to feel his play this year was because he had Horn on the other side. 

lol…. Doesn’t that mean bouye should have struggled in Jacksonville? Statistically AJ was the better corner in jackonsville. He holds the franchises lowest QBR in a single season for the jags.

that being said … it was 4 years ago and Ramsey is definitely the elite corner of the two. 

short story long, AJ keeps me confident we will be fine as long as his soft tissue problems are resolved 

• Flames 1

If you want to throw out names find a CB no one has ever heard of.  Find that unknown kid that has the potential to be a star.  You know, like the professionals?

Throwing out names of once good players that everyone has heard is so lame. My 7 year old granddaughter can do that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If you want to throw out names find a CB no one has ever heard of.  Find that unknown kid that has the potential to be a star.  You know, like the professionals?

Throwing out names of once good players that everyone has heard is so lame. My 7 year old granddaughter can do that.

It's also clearly the MO of this staff.  How many "big names" have we signed in the Rhule era?

This staff is looking (generally) for younger guys who have very specific traits that work for them - regardless of what other teams see.  I think Bouye may be the oldest guy we've signed under this staff.  He's 30 if memory serves.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

It's also clearly the MO of this staff.  How many "big names" have we signed in the Rhule era?

This staff is looking (generally) for younger guys who have very specific traits that work for them - regardless of what other teams see.  I think Bouye may be the oldest guy we've signed under this staff.  He's 30 if memory serves.

I think that's what they are trying to do. There may be very few young guys out there under 30 that teams can afford to let walk. Demand is greater than supply. It's the same with LT and QB, hell decent players in all 3 positions are hard to find. Got to turn over a lot of stones to find even average players these days. 

Sounds like it could very well happen.

Sherman>>>>>>>>Melvin/Elder

Bouye-Sherman-Taylor as the main CBs out there with Chinn along with Chandler & Franklin flexing in at safety/nickel would be totaly fine in the meantime.  We can run our defense the way it's been rolling this year until Horn, Burris, & Hartsfield get back.  Crazy how depleted this would see in other years.  Just prefer to see Melvin and Elder as major last resorts.

10 minutes ago, davos said:

Sounds like it could very well happen.

Sherman>>>>>>>>Melvin/Elder

Bouye-Sherman-Taylor as the main CBs out there with Chinn along with Chandler & Franklin flexing in at safety/nickel would be totaly fine in the meantime.  We can run our defense the way it's been rolling this year until Horn, Burris, & Hartsfield get back.  Crazy how depleted this would see in other years.  Just prefer to see Melvin and Elder as major last resorts.

Yep. And I think Sherman could be a really dope mentor for Taylor with similar draft position and athleticism, he could def show him some professionalism and how to approach the game. 

Edited by jayflip
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

But... its reported Fitts contacted Sherman today 

Edited by thunderraiden